[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me not to buy a motorcycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: TU250X_L7_BD7_R_1471496544.jpg (139KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
TU250X_L7_BD7_R_1471496544.jpg
139KB, 1200x795px
I'm a big dumb faggot and I want to ride a motorcycle despite having no experience. Convince me not to.
>>
>>18305011
>cost
>need a license
>impractical if you live anywhere that could ice or snow in the winter (have to store it but still do upkeep so it doesn't lock up over the 4+ months you can't use it)
>not safe. less due to your inexperience but moreso that most people are fucking atrocious drivers and can smear you into the ground after even a minor fuckup on their behalf
>>
>>18305011
d-don't buy a motor cycle
um f-fagot?

did i do it right?
>>
just as big and dumb as you (or dumber) and also want one even if i know it will be certain death also halp
>>
>>18305011
>Convince me not to.
Can't. People's lives depend on donor-cycles.
>>
>>18305015
>>cost
they're dirt cheap, in comparison to a car. especially the insurance, also economical and easy on repairs
>>need a license
so does driving, fishing, hunting, and the list goes on. licensing is easier and cheaper than a car.
>>impractical if you live anywhere that could ice or snow in the winter (have to store it but still do upkeep so it doesn't lock up over the 4+ months you can't use it)
true but almost a no issue considering how cheap it is.
>>not safe. less due to your inexperience but moreso that most people are fucking atrocious drivers and can smear you into the ground after even a minor fuckup on their behalf
yea. hes right. but its not as risky as others make itsound to be.
>>
>>18305011
I won't, because I want one too.

Go for it, faggot. Pursue your dreams.
>>
read the /o/ sticky
>>>/o/16832630
>>
Do it you pussy
>>
take the MSF course and you'll have a better idea if you actually want one

manual transmission sucks
it isn't fun, it's an annoying and distracting chore that's made even more dangerous by not having any safety features on a vehicle like seatbelt, car frame, airbags
>>
>Been hit by two cars in two years
>For sure would've been killed in one of them of the situation were even slightly different
>Still want a bike

And I live in fucking New England. I'm gonna get myself fucking killed.
>>
I've been riding motorcycles for 3 years and it's the best thing I've done in my life.
>>
buy a small one, get experience, go bigger, dont get carried away by the power below you, assume every driver is a dumb faggot who is ready to murder you
>>
>>18305594
Are there no motorcycles wirh automatic transition?
>>
>>18305688
>assume every driver is a dumb faggot who is ready to murder you

Good news, I do this already and I'm right too often.
>>
>>18306028
Honda makes one (DCT model).

But if you're going to buy a bike, you want a used one and the chances of getting a used auto transmission bike is slim.
>>
>>18305598
fellow New Englander here. also hit twice, one just a tap but in knocked me down and the car in the next lane missed my head by inches. The other was a full-blown t-bone that totaled my bike.

Still riding.
>>
just get one. everyone starts with no experience, that's the definition of starting something new.

rent a little vespa if you can for a couple days just to see if you like it and if any part of it comes naturally at all. then get a motorcycle. maybe sign up for a course but really you can just learn most everything on youtube.

worst case scenario you end up dead, but you're going to end up dead anyway.
>>
>>18305594
It's not really distracting at all. Once you get used to it, it will become second nature.
>>
Everyone around you has to actively try to not kill you by bumping you ever so slightly as you squeeze between cars like an asshole.
>>
>>18306104
No one lane splits around here (illegal).
>>
>>18306028
scooters

>>18306100
it never becomes not annoying

honestly riding isn't even fun
>>
>>18306387
It's not for you then. I ride, and I think it's great.
>>
It's not safe, but it sure is fun. I have the bike in your pic (TU250x), and it's a great starter bike. Just watch out for texting idiots and always wear a helmet.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.