[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

breakup stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: amberhayes.jpg (153KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
amberhayes.jpg
153KB, 1200x1200px
/adv/ i'm in my first ever relationship and it kind of feels like my feelings are fading away to me. it's been a year and a half but I just feel like we're growing apart.

but i've never felt this before so i don't know what "fading" feels like. i've never broken up with a girl or been broken up with before. I can't tell what my feelings are and I don't understand it.

so help me. for those of you who were in failed relationships, how did they end? why? what did it feel like when they did? i want to hear breakup stories. thank you for being open with me if you share
>>
File: 1471248895352.png (163KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1471248895352.png
163KB, 400x311px
Say you could press a big red button right now that would break you two up. You wouldn't have to confront her about it, you'd never see her again, neither of your friends would mention it, and nobody would be mad. It would be like you never dated except for the memories. Would you press it?

If you answered yes, you should actually break up with her. If the answer is no, then you're either just in a lull in the relationship and should try to fix things, or you're being indecisive.
>>
>>18304910
I don't think I would but the fact that I couldn't decisively tell you yes has to be a sign, right?

If she told me she was gonna press it, I think I would let it happen. I mean, there's a lot of positive things I'd miss about the relationship, but... I kind of already miss them. If that makes sense.
>>
>>18304948
Try this. Flip a coin. Heads, you dump her. Tails, you stay.

Whatever your gut reaction is to whatever it lands on will tell you what decision you should make.
>>
I had the same feeling in my forst relationship. Both of us were so invested into it, and toghether for "so long" (2.5 years when you're in your early twenties is a lot), that when she found another guy she was more interested in, she just set me up to make me mad and force a breakup. She kissed him like 15 minutes after it.

I should have dumped her when I felt like it, 6 months earlier. You're probably young and it's nota marriage. There's no reason to keep making a huge effort to be toghether with so little payback. Being toghether should happen naturally. If you feel it's not good anymore, just break up in good terms and move on.
>>
>>18304959
I'm not the kind of person who can make that kind of decision without a ton of thought.

>>18304970
I am young, I'm 23. Sometimes when I think about it, I know that if I marry her, it won't be for a very very long time. This is something we both have talked about and agree on, but for me I feel like it's different. When I really sit and think about it, if it takes me 5 years to be ready to marry her, I really don't want our relationship then to be like how it is now. If it is, I would still feel the same way, that it would be a long time before I married her.

Very soon, I'm thinking of moving across the country. I have not told her about my plans yet. Part of me is okay with doing that and just seeing if our relationship lasts through it. But I also feel like it wouldn't.
>>
>>18304891
Is there anything else in your relationship that bothers you? Around 6 months - 2 years it's normal to feel what you're describing. The lovey dovey nice feels go away, and if you're lucky and the feeling's mutual you may grow that love into something much deeper. Ultimately, if nothing else is going wrong in your relationship, there is no reason to drop them because you're not "feeling it". Your relationship with your partner (anyone for that matter) will ebb and flow.
>>
>>18305013
I don't know if I could answer this question with stuff that doesn't sound like excuses to create tension. I guess our relationship is... okay. There are times when it's way better and times when it's way worse, but it's okay. I kinda wish I could say better than that.
>>
>>18305012
I was 21~22 when I had this break up

Relationships rarelly get much better. They can improve over a long time, or have small improvements every now and then. But those feeling you are describing sound to me like feelings of someone who wants to have something completly different from what you have now, but insists to stay with the person just because. You talk about marriage like it's just another milestone in life's checklist, and since you have that partner, why not?

If sex is not that good anymore, you have to force yourself to be around her like it's an obrligation, her company isn't something you look forward because spending time with her is boring, look no further, it's time to part ways.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.