[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outta work, outta hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Pepe seen.png (471KB, 906x799px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe seen.png
471KB, 906x799px
So I'm in the oil field up north (born and raised here unlike most people who moved here for work)
I've been employed with this company that does roustabouting, site maintenance, and occasionally pipelining. I'm actually fairly new to the trade since I'm fairly young and have only worked retail until I got into oilfield work a couple months ago.
Basically, I've been on call with my supervisor for the past few weeks and haven't worked at all. My supervisor finally got a spot for me on a crew and sent me to the required training and everything.
Went to work, everything went well for the day, then something fell through and I am unable to work for that crew now. Basically I'm about to repeat a month or two period of not working.
So I applied to a couple other oilfield and blue-collar jobs and haven't heard from any of them, likely since I have practically zero experience doing anything.
Basically
I live in the middle of nowhere in the oilfield, I have only $2k to my name, and I have no experience in type of work that can be considered a career.

Fortunately I do not have rent or bills to worry about since I am still with my parents like the basement-dwelling fag I am.

I have lost hope in finding a decent job without moving, although I have nowhere near enough money to move.

Wat do guys? This has really really gotten me down in the dumps :<
>>
File: whens smoko cunts.jpg (49KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
whens smoko cunts.jpg
49KB, 500x316px
>>18304889
>So I applied to a couple other
Apply to more
>>
>>18304912
Yeah I thought of that
but beings I am in the middle of nowhere, my options are actually fairly limited unless I want a 2hr one way commute to work, meaning I'll be spending a lot more of those "oil money" pay checks on car maintenance and gas, let alone getting enough sleep per night to be able to drive safely for 2hrs at a time to, then even more exhausted from work to home.
I forgot to mention that in the above text, but I appreciate your advice
>>
>>18304938
Well if there's no chance of getting a job where you are, you'll have to scrounge up the money from somewhere to move to a city. Maybe your parents can help

You know the local job market a lot better than anyone else here
>>
>>18304946
That's what I'm seriously thinking about. But I literally overheard today that my folks aren't doing great financially either, so if I move, I'm practically on my own.
At least I have a car tho. I'd be in a new world of hurt if I didn't good god.

Are there really any ways for someone to make a little money really quick? Everything I look into are either scams or a lot less than they claim to be.
>>
>>18304956
No there isn't outside of shit like gambling.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but I personally didn't move out of my parent's house (and to a new city) until I had a new job secured for me there. If you're a bright guy, I'd advise applying towards companies where you want to work. It'll be a lot safer to move to a new city if there's an income stream waiting for you there.
>>
>>18304966
Good point.
I'll have to do some more looking around I guess.
I really appreciate it m8, I feel a little better already
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.