[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1491099449932.jpg (53KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1491099449932.jpg
53KB, 750x722px
I don't want to turn this into an emotional hugbox or anything, but I am about to be homeless for like 3-4 months.

Now, I have a job and bank account, but no car. So I would essentially be just sleeping outside.

Any advice for this? I already have the hygiene bits down (brush teeth in Starbucks, shower at the local gym, etc).

Mainly just looking to make sure I don't get raped or murdered. Its getting warm over here so I was thinking of just sleeping on the beach
>>
why do you have a job, and yet no rent or car payment? you're working, but not using any of the money to ensure your safety?
>>
>>18304785
if you go for the beach mind the tide and certain species that might harm. You coukd also live in the woods, if you have one near.
>>
>>18304798
No woods. region is subtropic, no bad animals, no tides. Just cold as fuck at night.

>>18304797
Need to save up about 10 grand to finish furbishing an apartment I bought in my home country. Paying rent would be like one step forward and two steps back
>>
>>18304806
then you need to find some sort of agency or person to help you. sleeping outside is not safe, and obviously you're going to run into problems that will impact your progress. even crashing in a storage container would be preferable. have you considered how you're going to eat affordably? do you have *anyone* to turn to?
>>
>>18304811
I feel you man. Safety is the big concern. I have money to eat, was planning on just keeping the debit card with my state ID in my sock or something.

I do have people to turn to but I just have too much pride for that shit, you know what I mean?
>>
>>18304817
>too much pride for that shit, you know what I mean?
tell that to the hard concrete, or the wet and dirty tent
>>
>>18304806
you don't have some relative or friend around?
>>
>>18304785

They don't sleep anymore on the beach.
>>
>>18304833
Hahaha you know whats sick? It's the same exact beach. Coney Island, brother.

>>18304826
>>18304824
I can couch surf here and there but ultimately there will be some nights where I sleep outside, right?
>>
>>18304845
time to make some calls and find out
>>
Save money and get a subscription at a 24/7 gym. Spend ur time there at night
>>
>>18304785
I been homeless on and off from time to time sleeping in a van at the moment.

You don't want to sleep outside if you can avoid it, if you don't have money there are programs that can get you a donation vehicle, borrow money and buy a used van, ask a friend to lend you one, suck some Dick save the money and buy one but by all means avoid the ground.

1 it'll turn your back in to mush
2 You have to shower daily, no matter what you do you'll wake up dirty sleeping in the ground, there are microorganism that will claim your flesh while you sleep and you'll always reek of ass, always.

I have known people who have been dose on fuel and set a blaze, nasty burns that take a shit load to heal and if you don't cure then they'll get dangerously infected.

I know people have been beaten one inch to shits while they been sleeping in the open.

You'll get depressed or worst conform and it's going to the a miracle to get you off the street.

3 It takes a shit load of time to do the most mundane shit so the days go bye totally unproductive, You have to drive to certain places for hygiene, then somewhere else for food, then somewhere else for whatever you'll do that day, next thing you know the day is over and that dreaded piece of cold concrete is waiting for you again.

If you think you can go homeless to save money you have no idea what you're doing you'll probably spend double what you usually do until you learn all the begging spots then you'll pay not with cash but time, again it can takes up to 2 hours to get a loaf of bread and some tuna cans for free at the food banks.

Every time you visit someone they'll see you as a beggar asking for something regardless if you have cash or not.

Pay for a room or find accommodations, avoid the streets it's not what you think it is, is worst
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.