[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being single long term?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0986.jpg (38KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0986.jpg
38KB, 800x524px
From your point of view, is there anything wrong with a 27 year old guy who has his life together, and is decent looking. But has never had a girlfriend, experienced love, or had "good" sex?

One of my female friends was just asking me why I've never talked about past girlfriends before. I told her I've never had one, and she said "really?" and got really quiet and looked sad. It was strange
>>
>>18304646
if you honestly feel okay about your life and fulfilled then no there is nothing wrong with it, especially as many people in serious relationships cannot do that. From my perspective though you really are missing out on a lot, most of the meaning I have found in my life has been in one way or another through a romantic relationship. but to each his own, it's your life enjoy it how you want
>>
Yes. There is some sort of social/growth issue if you have not had a relationship at that age.

You can excuse it all you want, but to others it is a red flag.
>>
>>18304653

>From my perspective though you really are missing out on a lot

I don't think I'm capable of that Tbh

>>18304668

I have reasons
>>
>>18304673
>I have reasons

I don't doubt it, I feel for you personally.

But do you really think the rest of the world is going to care? Or take time to find out? When there are thousands upon millions of men who are 27, have their life together, and are decent looking, and have a healthy social life?

It's better to lie. Or not mention it at all, if possible.
>>
>>18304683

I didn't really connect the dots until this past year. But my parents went through a rough divorce when I was a teenager. I was depressed with that and with school. So I never socialized with females other than when I was at work during all of middle and high school. Although I would talk with them at work. The thought of dating one and having to expose one to my broken home was humiliating. So I just avoided it entirely. Then went into the military and was stationed somewhere during my early 20s that had a very very low population of women. So, I just continued to not bother with it. Got out of the military at 24 years old really depressed. I've spent the past few years finding and guiding my career path which I finally figured out. Got /fit/ as well.

How could I possibly "lie"?
>>
who cares what others think, ask yourself, what do they have to offer you that hinges upon their judgment of you?
>>
>>18304700

just tell them that dude
>>
>>18304708

I know. I try to think like that. It's not that I'm complaining or whining that I've never experienced that stuff. I don't think I'm suppose to experience it anyways. Just, I feel bad because whenever I listen to people talk, watch TV, listen to music, or even look at a newspaper. Relationships and sex is there. It's there because we are all EXPECTED do know these things. It just makes me feel like I've fallen behind and I'm a failure to society in a sense. I'm "weird".

>>18304711

I don't want to tell everyone this Tbh.
>>
>>18304700
You are admitting to succumbing to depression. You may even show symptoms that you still have it.

Again, I feel for you. But to other people and especially women you might try and date, this is a red flag.
Unless you have some redeeming rare quality that is can not be found easily in other men, you are devaluing yourself in the dating pool by making this known.
>>
File: 36346464372.jpg (8KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
36346464372.jpg
8KB, 307x164px
>>18304724
>whenever I listen to people talk, watch TV, listen to music, or even look at a newspaper

What, you mean the central driver of economic growth is dependent upon you falling for this, being shamed and pressured into fucking somebody, and procreating? While consuming their products all along the way?

It's almost like they're trying to prey upon your fears and insecurities in order to drive up the value of their equity in the long term.

...but you wouldn't fall for such a cynical trick, would you anon?
>>
>>18304726

>this is a red flag

Can you just tell me that I shouldn't even try? Can you tell me that I am not desirable?

I think if I hear that, it'll make it easier to just accept that fact. I already know I am not meant for love/sex/dating/whatever. But hearing it might just help me accept it
>>
>>18304735

>pressured into fucking somebody

That happened once twice before...

Note- those were my only 2 experiences. Both experiences I regret very much
>>
File: medium.jpg (19KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
19KB, 500x476px
>>18304743
I can't, because every one wants a relationship, and you haven't given me a reason to suggest you don't deserve one.

This is just the big wall i've personally experienced, and see many others get stuck at.

The only thing that's come close to working for most people that i've seen and heard is to lie.

People are shitty. The expectation is near bullshit as far as i'm concerned, but no one has the power to change that individually. All you can do is try to meet it, or do your own thing. Usually alone.
>>
>>18304756

I can't lie. That's not who I am.

I just wish someone would agree with me and tell me that I don't deserve a girlfriend. My friends and people who I know often try to tell me how I "need" a girlfriend. A friend's girlfriend is even trying to introduce me to her friends, which I asked her to stop doing. The thought of a cute girl sitting in my lap doesn't seem real. It literally sounds like fiction to me. It sounds so impossible that it seems odd. Even tho I am very happy with my career advancement, my physical health, and my general world knowledge and travel experiences. I still can't fathom the idea of having a girlfriend. I just want someone to be on my side and tell me what I know is true
>>
>>18304766
Honestly anon, I feel ya completely.
I'm aiming for what you're living pretty much, job I want, good hobbies, fit, good life with friends and family. A girl around just seems, well odd. Almost wrong honestly. Sure it would be nice, but deep down its not what I want. I'm 20 and I'm currently working hard everyday to achieve my goals and dreams, and a relationship ain't a part of that. When I'm old, I'm worried about not having friends and family around though, but for now and the fore see able future I don't want it.
I feel ya strongly anon.
>>
>>18304800

>Almost wrong honestly.

Yes that's how it feels to me.

I do feel lonley a lot, but it's just a feeling I think I'm suppose to have. Things to get harder as you age, especially at 27 where most of the talk is people settling down. I can't count the number of times I've been lectured about how "I'm in my prime time for finding a girlfriend". The few people who I have told everything to have said "man, but if you don't start now, in 5-10 years it might be too late. You'll never find someone and be alone and really regret this". Hearing that only makes me feel worse though
>>
>>18304812
I can't disagree with your friends, they may be right. But if having a lover will not help you live a fulfilling life, do not have one. Do whatever you believe will help you have a fulfilling life anon, do not do anything you will regret as well.
I don't know if I'll ever have a partner, I don't know if you will, you most likely know more about life since you've been around for 7 more years than me, but I firmly believe if you follow the two things I said above it will not lead you a stray.
Good luck man. I hope the best for ya.
>>
I wouldn't care. Whatever floats your boat- it's your life.
>>
>>18304855

Thanks

Being human really sucks sometimes
>>
>>18304646
I think you're cool OP. I didn't start a relationship until I turned 23, and sometimes I wonder if even that was worth it. I was very self fulfilled and happy without one. I had options growing up, yea, but I didn't feel the need at the time.
>>
>>18304812
that's weird
I'm 24 and people stopped mentioning it long ago
>>
>>18304901

I hear it a lot.
>>
After reading the thread i can see you situation is extremely similar to mine,except i wasnt in the military and lost a lot of years working and studying non stop to help pay my oarents debt.
Like everyone said just lie and live your life.
>>
>>18304646
nothing sounds weird here. you sound like you know what you want out of life and you have it. since you have your shit together if you decide you want a relationship you will be able to put all of your energy into that since you seem stable
>>
>>18305470

I just wish my chest aches would go away Tbh
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.