[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to quit smoking, any advice or kind words would be helpful!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1885.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1885.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>
>>18304566
Hey OP, watch this, it's entertaining and hopefully it will help you quit smoking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRL7o2kPqw0
>>
Thanks also where are good places to meet ex-smokers? I think it might help to have friends that don't smoke as well?
>>
>>18304618
I would try church
>>
>>18304618
the cancer ward
>>
>>18304566
buproprion
>>
Whenever
you feel like smoking, go and suck a dick instead.
>>
>>18304566
Ex pack to 2 pack a day smoker
I couldnt go 4 hours without a cigarette without my vision getting blurry and wanting to flip the kitchen table.

Then i took champix.

Quit a week later out right with no problems. The cravings were comparable to having a hankering for ice cream or any kind of food craving. As in i wanted it but it was easy to decide not to and move on with my day.

Would recommend/10
>>
>>18304718
I'll keep that in mind, thanks anon
>>
Take 250 mics of LSD and try to smoke. All it took for me
>>
>>18304566
Try to progressively move your first smoke later and later in the day.
Like, smoke it half an hour later each time.
That's the only way that helped me quit.
Other than that, if you have a gf, try to make her motivate you to stop smoking.
>>
>>18304815

I heard champix has some bad affects for some people. be very careful before taking it, consult a doctor first.
>>
Find a way to distract yourself when you're feeling the urge to smoke. Eat a piece of candy or do something that requires the use of your hands. The distraction may not be enough in the beginning, but it'll get easier with time. You're bigger than the cigarettes, OP. You can do this.
>>
>>18304566
Seperate the nicotine hit from the lung sensation as you're trying to quit so you have layered defenses against breaking under later stress at some point in your life. Nicotine replacements and a non-nicotine vaporizer can be used for this purpose. Eventually break with the vaping, and a few months later break with the nicotine.

If you hit a high stress point you should be able to just take the first level back up, the nicotine that is.

And, as with any addiction, the idea will occur to you from time to time. Feel free to observe that the idea has happened, but do not entertain it.

If you entertain the idea you open yourself to fixating on it - never dwell on it.

Good luck.
>>
>>18304566
Just don't smoke, where's the hard part?
>>
>>18305263
This. I've done acid a few times and find smoking disgusting and unbearable on it, but still usually smoke, but I haven't done a large amount of acid. I know a lot of people that have done a lot of acid, and never smoked again.
>>
>>18304566
I tried vape (ye im gay) and everything has changed. Clothes smells nice, I've good ass breath rn. Now trying to go from 6mg/ml -> 3.
I know that it wont make you stop smoking, but at least you'll feel the change.
>>
I switched to vaping and then lowered the nicotine strength of the e-liquid over the course of a year or so until it was just 0 nicotine and flavoured

The psychological affect from vaping no nicotine is that you still can sort of "quench" the urge to be inhaling something
>>
>>18305730
I've tried vape before my biggest problem is the feeling of my skin crawling and intense rage. Not to mention I get really reckless for some reason? I mean I speed a lot when I drive and I take a lot of risks lol
>>
>>18304566
In today's newspapers (in the UK) is a study that says vaping actually does work in weaning smokers off nicotine.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.