[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First world advice -- iphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1610.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1610.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
A very long time in the future, I'd like to get a different iPhone, especially if this one is broken beyond repair for whatever reason. Basically the reason is I'd like more than 12 gigs of space (it says sixteen but it's several gigs less of space).

Because this purchase will likely cost me hundreds of dollars (with the phone, case, screen protector), I just came here for advice.

iPhone SE looks small, but upon reading the technical specifications, it might fit my bill, but, how can someone text on so tiny of a screen? Someone please fill me in on this. I do a lot of texting in landscape mode and even then I make a lot of mistakes.

Yeah I guess that's my main question. How does typing feel on an iPhone 5, 5s, or SE?

Last question: what's the most reputable place to buy an iPhone? I've got amazon, Walmart.com, an Apple Store, and straight talk's website. Yes I plan to use it with straight talk. There's a lot of options and I wanna make sure I don't get scammed
>>
>>18304035
Get a used 6S from Swappa
>>
>>18304035
The SE has a 4" screen, which is small by modern standards, but was pretty common a few years ago.

It's more or less an iPhone 6, in the shell of an iPhone 5 with better battery life than the 6 and a better screen that the 5.

It's a perfect all around phone, and there's a shit ton of accessories for it because it's literally the same shape/layout as the 5 and 5s, possibly even 5c cases and such will work with it.

Typing on it is good if you're not a giant. Go to a local telecom's store and just try out one of the display models if you're worried. I'm a big guy (6'5") and my hands are large too, but I have no issue.

It doesn't have the force touch thing, but you don't need that. It does have the fingerprint scanner and applepay, both of which are great.

Get one wherever, but I wouldn't buy one new. You don't want a stolen or poorly fixed iPhone.
>>
>>18304085
*wouldn't buy one used.
>>
>iPhone 5
there's no good reason for you to get an iPhone 5 over an iPhone 5c. the smooth edges of the 5c are a lot better than the sharp edges of the 5 and 5s.

>iPhone SE
that's an excellent phone, but I think that the size of the phone is a novelty. I used to be into phones that were very small, but looking at the size of the medium sized Pixel and iPhone 7, there's no reason to go smaller.

>how can you text on a phone that small?
hand size

>how does a 5, 5s, or SE feel?
like the body of the phone is going out of style and the edges are sharp. The price difference between the 5s and the 6s is not that big.

by the way, only the SE and up have good cameras. the 5s does not have a good camera.

>what's the most reputable place to buy an iPhone?
any place that has been directly sold iphones
the places you listed all sound just fine
some phones to look at

HEY LOOK AT THIS

for all I said about the body of the phones, if you're gonna use a cheap carrier, check out these discounts on the iPhone 5s and SE

https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/phones/apple-iphone-se/features/Gray,32GB/
https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/phones/apple-iphone5s/features/Gray,16GB/

incredible deals to be honest!

here's the 6s
https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/phones/apple-iphone-6s/features/Gray,32GB/
it has a better body and a better camera

https://oneplus.net

the one plus is budget android carrier that is made to rival the iPhone and the galaxy. they put out high high quality phones without unnecessary expenses like trendy gimmicks and marketing
>>
>>18304035
I use an SE. It's a great. I wanted the same balance that you did and this certainly delivers it. However, you have to accept all of the bullshit that comes with Apple devices (fucking iCloud, can't manage backups easily, can't manage photos easily, etc.)
>>
>>18304035
Just get iPhone SE with 64GB, it's by far best bang for your buck and will last you for years. 5s is okay for now but pretty dated for the future, 6s is basically larger SE with different design but shitty battery life.
Any normal store that sells new ones is reputable enough. With Amazon you obviously need to check for each seller specifically.

I had phablets and typing on SE never was an issue for me. Got pretty large hands and all.

>I do a lot of texting in landscape mode and even then I make a lot of mistakes.
Sounds like you're doing something fucking wrong. Try getting used to type with one hand in normal mode.
>>
>>18304208
I meant I just make mistakes when I'm not actually trying to type, like when I just wake up. I mash keys on the screen and autocorrect takes care of the rest

Thank you everyone for your advice. I've never talked to anyone about this before. The only iPhone I've ever had was the 6, for about two years.

I'll think about everything some more
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.