[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sucking at everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

How does one cope with sucking at everything?
I try try and fail at everything. Sports, playing instruments, dancing, singing, playing chess you name it.
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be teh best!11 or something. I just want to have some hobby like normal people do.
But keep failing over and over and over again is frustrating.
>>
File: 1478734651446.jpg (55KB, 516x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478734651446.jpg
55KB, 516x480px
You stop caring
>>
>>18303896
What's your definition of failing? It's only failing if you've been at it for a few months consistently practicing and you show no signs of improvement whatsoever. That's where you're supposed to give up and move on, honestly. People usually only seem to be good at shit because they've been at it for a while.

>focusing on shit that really matters to you rather than sampling
...but I do get that trying a lot out could be a sign you just don't know. I don't wanna start flinging more advice at you without really knowing what you're into so...
What are you into? Any hobbies in particularly appeal to you?
>>
File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px)
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
>>18303927
>particular
>>
>>18303927
Ok here is some hobbies appeal to me:

I was into music so I got guitar lessons for a year. At first I learned some basic skills and improved but thats it. I couldnt improve any further so I got frustrated and quit.

I'm also into microbiology, like studying microscopic life forms but I feel like I'm bad at grasping academic knowledge either. Whats the point if you can't improve your knowledge right? I got frustrated and quit

Sports was some idea brought by my friends to me to relieve stress because I have this GAD since i was 17. (I'm now 23). I sucked at that too.

Other hobbies were just some hobbies people suggested me to trying different things, so I did. Whether I like it or not I hoped I can find something I'm good at but yeah failed again.
>>
>>18303896
you become good at something out of passion, not just for the sake of being good at something
>>
>>18303953
Sorry but you sound like a huge defeatist.

Maybe you should chill and still try sports out...it doesn't really matter if you suck, as long as you aren't playing in serious games your friends aren't going to fault you for being awkward. Sports really aren't all that interesting of a hobby, but it's a cool way to train your body and mind, build teamwork and shit like that.
I don't know why you attach such an importance to being good at it...it's not something like art. It's ultimately meaningless even if you're good at sports; you'll never play a hardcore game or really make anything of it.

Seems like you're really scared of failing even where failing really doesn't mean anything.

>guitar
...Look, this isn't something you should just give up on.
The point is, is being able to play a song from your soul and just have fun playing songs on occasion. If it's a simple melody, that's fine. There's no shame in it.

>microbiology
That's a rough one--it's cool to be into but at the same time it'd be little better than just being a film enthusiast who doesn't know how to talk about films. You can't really take it anywhere or bring it up in conversations. I mean that in the way that even if you could obtain academic knowledge it'd be useless; you're a layman who absolutely doesn't intend to make a career out of it.
Just a stupid idea, but maybe it's better off just becoming more intellectual normalfag-tier interested in science in general. There's magazines like the Scientific American around. Shit like this provides more general and more interesting+discussion worthy information to most people.

You should probably look into hobbies in general that are more difficult to "fail" at.
>>
>>18303896

Sucking is the first step to being sorta good at something.

>>18303953

If you keep giving up, it's not failing. It's giving up.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.