[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I ask former love interest/friend to prom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 29451989.jpg (119KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
29451989.jpg
119KB, 1024x758px
I'm an isolated, rather sketchy & shy guy, and to top that I've also been dealing with mild depression (ie: Cannot enjoy what I used to, feeling empty, etc etc). There's that girl I've been in love with, but she's told me she isn't in love with me. We stayed friends.

When I told my roomie that I would go to prom alone, he told me to try & ask that friend of mine, that he knew some people who'd gone to prom together without being romantically involved afterwards.

Should I ask her out for prom? It's been months since she's rejected me.

If she says yes and I go with her, won't it leave me even more wrecked afterwards when we part?
>>
>>18303601
>If she says yes and I go with her, won't it leave me even more wrecked afterwards when we part?

Probably. Your best bet is seeing her less, not more. Also, you need to be 18+ to be ion this board. I'm not from the US, but I'm pretty sure "prom" happens before you can legally come here.
>>
>>18303607
There are some people in my class that are 19. I'm above the age limit. Prom occurs at the end of the last year of high-school in my country.
>>
>>18303614

Whatever. Still don't do it. Good luck.
>>
>>18303620
I can't get over her. Couldn't this be some kind of closure?
>>
>>18303621

It's pretty selfish to make someone have a bad time rejecting you just to get closure. She already made her feelings clear, what kind of closure would you get by making her say it again?
>>
>>18303625
That was on the wise words of my roommate who said "who cares if she rejected you once", and that she might just be willing to go to prom with me since we're friends and she's got absolutely no one else to go with.
>>
>>18303634
>That was on the wise words of my roommate who said "who cares if she rejected you once"

How is that wise? She already made her feelings clear. What else do you want?
>>
>>18303637
To go to prom with her. Maybe she changed her mind? Maybe she'll say yes given that it's the last night we'll spend together?

I don't know, I'm lost.
>>
>>18303640

I'l repeat what I said at the very beggining:

>Your best bet is seeing her less, not more.

That includes thinking about her, too. Focus on something else. She already said know, you have to accept that. It's not a personal insult, she just ins't interested. You can't move on if you keep torturing yourself with this.
>>
>>18303649
I see her everyday, and I really connected with her. She wasn't just a crush.

Man, I have a bad case of oneitis.
>>
>>18303653

Well, you clearly want to whine, so whine all you want. Good luck in life! I already said what I believe you should do.
>>
>>18303667
Your response is like leaving a layman with a book detailing how he should build a house. Wasn't looking for that
>>
>>18303687

So you weren't looking for an answer to this?

>If she says yes and I go with her, won't it leave me even more wrecked afterwards when we part?

I swear people on this board are dumber each day.

You know spending more time with her will make you feel bad. So stop. WHat else can we tell you?
>>
>>18303695
If I'm desperate enough to post on 4chan I had hoped you figured out not seeing her didn't work haha
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.