[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting screwed again!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Screwed.jpg (12KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
Screwed.jpg
12KB, 268x188px
So, I sent an E-mail to my boss the other day due to some frustration I've had to deal with at work.

Backstory:
I really love my job! everyday is an absolute joy but I have one major issue with it: I've been working for this employer for about 2 years now and I still only have the "entry-level-apprenticeship.contract" that pays me shit!.
Typicly these contracts are signed for 6 months and are then upgraded to the real full time deal, but in my case after those 6 months my contract was only renewed for another 6 months and then another 6 months and then another 6 months: I am now on my 5th 6 month deal and it's bleeding me dry economicly.

the reason behind this has been ,accoring to my boss, "that unfortunately hiring another person for the fulltime contract isn't in the budget" but I chose to be patient with it until this changed.

So over the passed few month we had 2 guys quit the job so I thought:
>"Well now there should be space in the budget for 2 new contracts, so when my current contract expires I'll finally get the deal I want"

last week they anounced that they had hired 2 new guys from outside the company, same field but still!
So they filled up those 2 spots with strangers instead of fucking me!

So I sent him an e-mail the other day about what they're plans are for my future in this company:
>Is my target even realistic?
>Am I wasting my time?

And well... 4 days deep now and still no answer!

I need to know!
if you have any advice please share it!
>>
You should have been looking for a new job the last 1.5 years.
>>
File: 1490614302310.png (444KB, 2048x791px) Image search: [Google]
1490614302310.png
444KB, 2048x791px
>>18302872
I currently am the boss of 6 full time and 4 part time employees. What's in the budget or not changes so much. It sounds to me like your boss don't want to move you up in the system when he's had that much time to do it. I would ask for a meeting with him and explain that while you do love your job and are ready for more responsibility, you feel like you aren't being appreciated there and will consider changing jobs if nothing changes, and soon. This could work very well and it can also cost you the job. If it costs you the job there is 0% chance that you would be moving further up after some time anyway. If they want to have you working there they will realize that you must be moved up or they will need to replace you. Employers don't like unneccessary work so if you're a good fit for the company/position they will try to keep you. If not, to hell with them. Only you have your best interests in mind (and me right now for some reason I'm not sure of).
>>
>>18302890
The plan was a meeting.
E-mail>answer>meeting was the idea but he's not answering.

Also it's not like I'd get a bigger responsibility, I've been doing this for 2 years now and are if not fully then pretty damned close to my co-workers in productivity.

So I'd only get a fair pay for it if I'd get the fulltonig contract.
>>
op are you a woman by chance? this stuff is really common with women. if so, find a woman colleague YOU CAN TRUST ABSOLUTELY and pick their brain

you have to be more aggressive. there's a difference between waiting for an opportunity and making one for yourself

update your resume and start looking elsewhere, if you can't then fucking leave
>>
>>18303172
*can't get a promotion, then leave
>>
>>18303172
Not a woman haha.

I have been making my own opportunity in my oppinion: I work in technical safety, Aka: engineering = Being productive is not about build X-things in Z-time, it's about understanding the concept of machinery and come up with improvements.

I work in an even more specific field: Rollercoasters! I design safety systems for rollercoasters! and I am lucky as balls to have gotten this spot in the first place, people from all over the world applied for it and I was the lucky one to get it!: Still though I am considering leaving unless they start paying me properly soon! but doing so I will have to accept the idea that I'll likely never be working on these type of machines again!
That's the hard part :/
>>
>>18303178
it's not really a promotion though, My everyday tasks wouldn't change much at all, it's just an updated contract with proper pay and benefits, hell I don't even have payed vacationdays currently!
>>
>>18303234
title change alone is valuable on your resume. intern or contract for 3 years...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.