[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find very hard getting up at 7 to work; how can I change my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I find very hard getting up at 7 to work; how can I change my sleeping habits from one day to another? It's really hard. :(
>>
>>18302678
You can't change your habit in one day. You could throw an all-nighter, then go to bed early next day and wake up at 7AM. Then you just snowball off of that (or try to)
>>
My dick is really hard.
But seriously, it's about all about willpower. Go to bed between 9 and 10, most people need at least 8 hours of sleep.

And keep your smartphone out of the bedroom.
>>
>>18302684

OP here: I've already done that, no success at all. Literally 6 HOURS with eyes closed but no sleeping at all, it's impossible and very annoying to wait eternally.
>>
>>18302690
Incorporate sport into your life. It is very easy to fall asleep if you are exhausted.
>>
>>18302690
You could try and do some cardio leading up to bedtime.
Run, do push- and sit-ups to make your body tired. Would also help you get fit so it's a win-win.
>>
>>18302695

Done that too without success :S
>>
>>18302678
>getting up at 7 to go to work
>be me
>Wake up 3:50
>Be at gym by 4am
Download a program which helps you sleep (any program that plays "white noise") - I use "Relaxio" on android - play this when you sleep.

Use an alarm. Make it loud. Put it far from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off.

You won't be used to the changes at first, but these 2 things help. After a few days its starts to become automatic.
>>
OP here. Bump, I need some more strategies.
>>
Bump again because trips
>>
I get up at 4:30 AM.
The time you wake up at has nothing to do with whether you want to get out of bed or not.
First, you need around 8-9 hours of sleep depending on your age. And second you need to make a habit out of not hitting the snooze button and just getting up. Start by doing something as simple as sitting up in your bed. Add something to do right as you hear the alarm. Like drinking water, you're gonna be dehydrated after a night of sleep anyway. Put a water bottle next to the bed and drink as soon as you wake up.Get a whole morning routine going where you shower/cook/do light exercise. If you do it enough times it becomes a habit and you no longer have to force yourself.
>>
Get a alarm clock lamp. I have a Philips one and it's amazing
>>
>>18302678

dont sleep in on weekends. thats whats fucking you up. after a week or two of waking up early even on weekends your body will tire and go to bed early enough that waking up early isnt as big a deal.

that being said, waking up is less about how much time you've had to sleep and more about what sleep cycle you are in. unless you are going to bed so early that oyu get get ten hours of sleep your body isnt going to wake up feeling refreshed.

anyone who wakes up wtih a giant alarm and then the sudden need to move as fast as posibble is going to have a hard time. you may notice that many adults woke up WAY earlier then they needed to because they could chill for a few minutes, then slowly go to the kitchen and slowly drink some coffee. our generation focuses more on sleeping as much as possible thinking that will make the difference.
>>
>>18302678
If exercise doesn't work... Maybe you aren't a morning person? Some people have the genes to wake up early, some don't.

You don't have to work early. There are plenty of people who go into work later. A lot of them so they can avoid rush hour traffic.
>>
No TV, computer or smartphone for an hour before bedtime, blue light keeps ones brains activated.
Exercise or some other method of tiring your body, sauna works as well.
Cut any sugary things you might eat/drink at evenings. Helped me at least.
Music, if you are that type of person.

I have a job with rotating shifts so my schedule changes every week.
Currently I have evening shift (2pm - 10pm), next week morning shift (6am-2pm) and after that night shift (10pm-6am).
On weekends I sleep on quite often. Important thing is to set up a routine and follow it. Even if my schedules are messy I follow some things every week: at least seven hours of sleep, set up an alarm. Still sleepy? Take a nap later.
Of course it is personal but I'm heavy sleeper so not even sound of a jackhammer downstairs wakes me up, it has happen.
>come home from nightshift
>go to sleep
>wake up at around 1pm
>father asks if I heard any noise before noon (renovation going on then, tearing up old concrete in the basement?
>"what noise?'
>"guess you are a heavy sleeper then"
But it always takes time, it took maybe three months before I was fully customed to my messy schedule and believe me there has been morning shift weeks when I wake up at 4am and wish I could stay in bed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.