[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend smoked pot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Reichstagsgebaeude.jpg (119KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Reichstagsgebaeude.jpg
119KB, 800x591px
Yo boys I'm a traditional dude who doesn't really care for drugs but doesn't mind my friends doing it. But recently my girlfriend smoked with some friends and I'm concerned, personally I see marijuana as for lazy, degenerates but don't judge people for it usually. But with my girl it's different, I don't want her to be pulled into this culture of laziness and degeneracy. Am I overreacting or not.
>>
File: 07.jpg (214KB, 1094x800px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
214KB, 1094x800px
You have your views, she has hers.

You are over reacting. She has the right to make her own choices. Smoking weed doesn't make you a degenerate. Being a degenerate makes you a degenerate. There's just as many functioning marijuana users as there are dysfunctional ones. The difference being dysfunctional people typically do drugs, therefore you associate degeneracy with weed. The similarity? Weed is a popular recreational "drug" that a lot of different people use.

All in all, it's not a big deal.
>>
I'm on the same boat as you, instead of weed she's starting to get into booze. I don't know how to react either. I despise it because I have a semi alcoholic dad.
>>
Unless you explicitly told her that you did not want her to smoke weed or did not like the weed culture then it's your fault and you are overreacting.

If you did mention it... You might want to talk to her and ask why she did smoke (duh, peer pressure, experimenting, etc. but you want to hear it from her mouth and in person). It's important that when you do bring it up that you remain emotionally neutral/non-decisive about what she says until you are back at your home alone. Think about what she said when you're on your own and just rationalize in your head if that would have made sense to you if someone else said that. From there, you know what to do.
>>
Smoked weed once, and I didn't want to do shit for the rest of the day. I could totally see how someone could get addicted to that feeling.

inb4 >addiction
Anything can be psychologically addictive.
>>
>>18301748
>degeneracy

Real talk, I wouldn't be concerned. Just because she smoked once doesn't mean she's going to become a stoner.
>>
whats the deal with people losing motivation or getting lazy when they smoke weed or do any other sort of drug?

i never have that happen, i also don't lose my recollection of things and don't turn completely retarded like some people claim they do. i also think way too much when i smoke weed
>>
>>18301748
Just break up with her. You seem like an uptight prick. Do her a favor.
>>
>>18301809
I'm nor uptight, faggot. Like I said I'm not judging her and Im nof getting angry I just don't want her derailing her future or our future together with this hobby
>>
>>18301837

You're judging people who smoke already in your first post, but that's not my point.

Another anon said ask in an emotionally neutral way. That's really important because from a girl's perspective it will seem like you're trying to control her. Sit her down, tell her you don't feel comfortable about this.

This is anecdotal, but most people I know who smoke occasionally have stable jobs/relationships/housing/education. The stereotypical 'degenerates' are people who probably have some personality problems/addictions/other issues in the first place. If they didn't have weed it would probably be something else, like video games, or alcohol or some other shit.
>>
>>18301788
Im exactly the same. Graduated uni with honors even though I smoke weed every day. I think some people were already retards and lazy without smoking, so when they do smoke weed it just manifests more.
>>
>>18302012
>Graduated uni with honors
not an achievement, anyone can do that
the point of an honors is what it lets you do, if you didnt capitalise on it then you wasted a year as a slave for the uni
>>
>>18301837
>I don't judge people
>weed is for lazy degenerates

pick one
>>
>>18302059
I'm a nurse working in a hospital. Win
>>
>>18301748
>I see marijuana as for lazy degenerates
>I don't judge people for it

Bullshit, OP. There are plenty of red flags that stand out worse than simply smoking pot.
>>
>>18301788
Maybe you got lazier, but since you're way too active, you just became like everyone else.
Try going cold turkey for a month or two and try to see if there is any improvement.
>>
>>18302075

Im really jelly. I have a year left in nursing school. I hear the job market is pretty good for the next few years where I live
>>
>>18302081
Its amazing. Too good. I'm actually so tired lol they never stop calling for shifts
>>
>>18301748

If you feel that she will continue to smoke and that's something you don't want to deal with 5 years down the road, then end it. Everyone is crying about you judging her, but you don't have to like that kind of thing. You don't want it to be part of your life, and that's cool. You can just tell her you'd rather avoid that and leave the choice to her. She's within her rights to smoke; you're within your rights to leave.
>>
>>18302070

Weed is for lazy degenerates
>>
>>18301764
"Unless you explicitly told her that you did not want her to smoke weed or did not like the weed culture then it's your fault and you are overreacting."

its not his place to tell his gf what to do, she made a choice. now if he no longer wishes to be around her due to her weed use then he should dump her, but this idea the bf "allows" things is bs and needs to die with fire.
>>
>>18301837
you are judgmental, with wording such as " I see marijuana as for lazy, degenerates" means you already decided anyone who uses it is x. stop dancing around that.

the real issue here is you don't like the idea of dating someone that falls into degenerate category(where you mentally placed all drug using people), stop trying to use this board to find a rational for your bias and just accept your prejudice against drug use.
>>
>>18301748
its normal to overreact because you dont have access to it and you have a preconceived notion of it. i used to freak out about people i know trying weed and then when i started getting high a lot i just realized this is so much better than my usual routines, and it actually lifts your depression for several weeks until you smoke again.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.