[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not feel small and below from rich/wealthy bf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0860.jpg (157KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.jpg
157KB, 480x320px
Long story short, I am an asian.
>Moved to a new country and started having a new life here = trying to get a Master and a stable job.
>Doing waitress part time.
>Asked out by a guy through friends of friends.
>Turned out he super rich, posh.
>I'm from a working family.
>Starting to feel small and below him. He still in college and do nothing aside from studying.
>Got asked by some of his acquaintances something like if I ever been to this place or that place before, about Europe bla bla and I never had a chance to go to any of that places.
>Don't know how to act and talk with class.
>Rarely see many Asian people around them as well.

How do I stop feeling this way? Will it fades with time?
>>
you dont give a shit unless he starts showing signs of you being below him.

he's dating you for you. and you know what, if you're working class chances are you know how to own up to yourself. say something along the lines of "no i haven't been there but have you done so and so or this" things everyone does. dont be ashamed or embarrassed and if your bf starts showing signs of this then he's a dick and shouldnt be around it. i dated a really well off girl and felt a bit out of place only until people realized i had life skills and could provide for their daughter in ways other than monetary.
>>
I had this same problem - it fades with time as you spend more time with him. In addition to that, once you get your Master's and a steady career that utilizes it, you'll also been in the top echelon of society.
>>
>>18301754
Wish I could do that too. This is totally a new environment for me and I'm too awkward ever since I moved to another country. I tried to rise my self esteem and own it.
>>18301758
After finishing my master I don't know if the chances for me to get a decent job will be that high, it seems like everyone is struggling with jobs recently. If I can't in a near future and still have to do whatever I have to do to survive I don't know if things can work out. Is it important that if I'm not wealthy in money I should at least be high educated?
>>
>>18301734
I'm an Asian migrated 16 years ago when I was 16. I can relate to you. That feeling is very normal. The longer you stay in this country and culture and the more you experience, the more that feeling will fade away. You have to know most rich young kids are arrogant, but as long as they respect you, then there's foundation that you are looking for. It's okay that you don't have any rich experiences in the past just because who you are. And it's important that you act as who you are and willing to listen and and learn and to experience. At the end you will have a decent job and a good family and everything good will come. There's no need to compare and be embarrassed right now.
One thing I wish I can tell my old self is that I should try new thing and take advantage of what you can.
>>
>>18301783
I felt so much better now that I found someone who had been through some of what I was going through now.
The only one thing that always be a problem for me is my ego is too big. I just don't like it when people shows their pity on me or doubting my intention towards him.
>>
Hey there, im the same Asian replied earlier.
Ego is a negative thing to have. Try to calm down a little on the peer pressure. Without that peer pressure you will feel 10 times better believe me. Think all the materials in this world that you don't have to have to survive as a ballon, let it go.

However, in the other hand if you are talking about ambition, then don't mistake that from ego. If you have ambition, it will be through long term strategically planning to achieve your ultimate goal. It can take years, life time, even your children are the ones to complete it.

Think about the difference between those two words.
>>
>>18301734
>He still in college and do nothing aside from studying.
You're already above him. He's living life on easy mode while you moved to another country and manage to work and study.

>if I ever been to this place or that place before, about Europe bla bla and I never had a chance to go to any of that places
Traveling without staying in a place for a good while is pretty meaningless. I've been in any somewhat relevant city in West and East Europe (as Eurofag) and it didn't change anything for me.

>Don't know how to act and talk with class.
Just b urself. There is no way to act and talk with class. As a student you got the basics of non-plebeian acting and talking already. Your insecurity is a bigger problem than the wealth gap could ever be.
>>
>>18301734
Does your name mean "weed"?
>>
>>18301825
I must say my ego, but ambitious also correct cause I do making scenes where I need to get this to get that, sometimes I enjoy the feeling of being admired by people.
>>18301957
>Your insecurity is a bigger problem than the wealth gap could ever be.
This. Always this. My insecurity is the big problem, I can only get better once I get over it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.