[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend just broke his brand new phone he got yesterday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2864.jpg (82KB, 620x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2864.jpg
82KB, 620x674px
My boyfriend just broke his brand new phone he got yesterday.
It's his third phone this year.

I hate him inside because its a waste of money and he never has any money. But it feels vapid.
>>
>>18301582
Tell him to buy a cheap phone, or ask him to be more careful. Nothing else you can do really.
>>
Dump him. Your boyfriend is an idiot who just wasted like $1,500 on cellphones this year already. It shows a lack of responsibility for things if he can't manage to own an expensive phone without breaking it. He probably sucks at other aspects in his life too.

No problems being upset with him. You're dating an idiot.
>>
>>18301594
Chill dude, some people are bad with money. Doesn't make them bad people.
>>
>>18301582
Tell him to get some fucking insurance or invest in a beefy phone case

I've got a dual layered case with a tempered glass screen cover on my S6. The case is scratched and dinged up, and I've had to replace the tempered screen protector three times (because of scratches or outright cracks after dropping), but the phone itself is pristine and without a mark.

That's a $15 case, and 3x $6 tempered glass protectors for a total of less than 40 bucks over two years, that have saved my phone *countless* times.
>>
>>18301599
If you "break" three phones in one year (btw we're only 5 months into this one) you're obviously clumsy and don't know how to take care of things. Considering today how important phones are to people most take incredibly good care of their phones. If you can't manage this one simple thing then it speaks volumes to the type of person you are and how you carry yourself. Spoiler, it means you suck at life if you can't even take care of a phone.

Yeah it doesn't make you a bad person but it does make you an idiot, and surrounding yourself with idiots isn't a good thing to do.
>>
>>18301582
My condolences on the death of your future baby, OP.
>>
>>18301610
This guy gets it.
>>
>>18301605
I get were you're coming from and yeah he might be a clumsy idiot, but that not a reason to dump him. Maybe try helping him, buy him a case or explain to him that he should buy something cheaper. Don't ruin a relationship over something as silly as a phone.
>>
>>18301623
But the phone is just a symptom of his general idiocy. Accident happen and that's okay but 3 phones in a year while not even having the money to shrug it off? Unless OP wants semi retarded children in the future for a social experiment, there isn't a good reason to be with someone so stupid.
>>
>>18301630
Thanks for that well thought out reply. I couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
you do realize you could have gone one big vacation or two little vacations or paid and entire years of certain bills or bought a new tv or two years worth of clothes or a nice music instrument. he could have even bought a few whores to cheat on someone with more sense than you. this is the potential youre wasting with your fucktard of a boyfriend
>>
>>18301582
Yeah, no. That's pretty silly of him.
And why doesn't he have insurance for it?

I literally got a 50~ phone on sale, no monthly shit, and it works like a dream. Had a case at first but for many months now I've gone without it because of the annoying heftiness.

It has been flung. Dropped. Spilled on. Still hasn't broken. Wtf is your boyfriend doing to his phone?
>>
I don't blame you, three phones in just over four months is just a sign of irresponsibility, immaturity and an inability to value things
>>
>>18301630
>>18301642
But you're not even bothering to help him. Have you talked to him about it? Sit down with him and go "stop being such a fucking idiot breaking phones and shit, they cost money." then go with him to buy a case.

Simple little shit like this, shouldn't destroy a relationship. If you're really reconsidering your entire relationship because of a fucking phone, there are deeper issues at hand that you're completely ignoring.
>>
>>18301992
retarded who breaks his stuff all the time and is probably and fucking retard at everything else he does detected
>>
>>18301992
>"stop being such a fucking idiot breaking phones and shit, they cost money."
That's something tell your 7 year old kid after the first phone. If a grown ass man needs to hear that ... it seems pointless to waste time on him. What's next "stop shitting your pants?"
>>
>>18301582
You are pathetic for valuing petty cheap consumer electronics over human relationships. Please never have children if you are so poor and pathetically dependent on such trivial shit.
>>
>>18302207
>petty cheap consumer electronics
fuck off retard. op made it clear her loser doesn't have money so its not "cheap" for his situation. also valuing something to point where you'll bother replacing three fucking times when all of them are preventable also makes the device anything but petty. this is an issue of op enabling retard behaviors which undoubtedly permeate other facets of life
>>
>>18301605
Shit i generally go through 3-4 phones a year and they're all cheap shit smartphones. Maybe the dude just has bad lu7ck. I'm also willing to bet you suck at life(i know i do).
Ps.
Smartphones killed society. Suck my ass
>>
>>18301582
im pretty clumsy and still never broke a phone

also, dont buy iphones. they break easily
>>
File: a60.jpg (833KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
a60.jpg
833KB, 1536x1536px
>OP doesn't specify how much they cost or if they're covered by the plans or anything
>People ITT start fucking making financial calculations and retirement plans based on diversified performance in the last 10 years of stock market data
>>
File: Shock Resistant.jpg (11KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
Shock Resistant.jpg
11KB, 235x235px
Consider something similar to the picture.
They're designed for people such as construction workers.
>>
>>18302485
Had a phone like this for five years now, one of the best I've ever had. Other people have had five different smartphones in that same timespan.
>>
>>18301582
Your boyfriend is Brad Pitt, he can buy as many fucking phones as he wants.
>>
Why are you guys so rude? Holy shit, so he fucked up a couple times in row, take a fucking breather.

Please dump him you sound insane for getting this bent out of shape over a broken phone that is even yours. Shit happens not everyone is perfect grow the fuck up and either accept your bfs flaws or let him be with someone who can.
>>
I didn't damage my iPhone since 2012...
Still have that 4S beauty
Wtf is wrong with your bf, better get with me
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.