[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Do pills really work for depression/social anxiety?

I was always defending beating depression/s.a. with exercise and better diet instead of pills but I'm not going anywhere. I'm just scared that pills will make me worse.

What are your experiences with pills? Did they help you in the long run, do you recommend or not?
>>
pills help "real" (chemical) depression but rarely help self diagnosed (my life sucks because opposite sex doesn't think i'm hot enough) depression
>>
>>18301199
I'm not self diagnosed, and I couldn't care less about opposite sex. My priority is functioning normally in life.
>>
They can help but for many people it takes awhile to find the right ones for them. On the short term it will make you feel worse, but it will stabilize and eventually you will find it easier to focus on doing what it is you want to do. Of course definitely keep up exercising and dieting.
>>
>>18301189
I recommend pills. People deal with depression in different ways so it might take a while to find the right pills for you. They worked for me. However, only you can make yourself truly happy, the pills will help with that.
>>
Some pills help some people, not all pills help everyone, and sometimes pills don't help. There are a lot of forms of treatment for depression, both in terms of medical ones that can be prescribed to you (even as far as shock therapy though that's not a first line of defense) or things like talk therapy that can teach coping mechanisms, and exercise which has been proven to be very effective at treating depression.

You should definitely talk to your doctor, or preferably a psychiatrist about it if you're interested. I recommend you also read this it goes into a lot of forms of treatment, as well as how to make sure you have a good doctor.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/06/16/things-that-sometimes-help-if-youre-depressed/
>>
Would pills help with social anxiety? I don't want to sweat, stutter, shake when I have to speak to somebody. I'm too scared to open my mouth and express my opinions. I just want to say what I want to say without worrying about what others might think.
>>
>>18301189
Give em a try, you can always stop and do something else if they don't work out for you.
>>
>>18301298
If its severe anxiety some can.

Honestly pills are a toss up.
Different ones work differently for different folk.

I took 5 htp and it helped for a bit but lead to increased temper in my case.
>>
>>18301298
Anxiety medication exists so it definitely can. You should try behavioral therapy in addition to it though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.