[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck does my friend get out of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pa1ror2s3nty.jpg (30KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
pa1ror2s3nty.jpg
30KB, 500x244px
I'm not sure where to start but I have a friend whose life is almost, but not quite 100% fucked and I can't figure out how to get him out of it now that's he'd sodomized all his hopes of improving his situation because he'd rather smoke weed than address his problems like an adult.
I'll try to concisely list off how fucked he is:
>no job with no chance of getting ANY job in the immediate future that I can see
>no transport unless it's to his old job later this year
>no income of any kind
>doesn't qualify for food stamps because his landlord/neighbor on the same lot already gets them
>no internet access half the time because the guy is a prick but at least he wasn't kicked off the lot yet
>doesn't have the skills to make a living wage working at home anyway
>has 3 dogs to support on top of feeding himself
>no running water other than from a hose in the landlord's yard because the RV trailer is a piece of shit all around
>landlord is lucky to let him in his trailer to shower even once a week so he always smells like rotting ass (no good for interviews)
>can't sign up for the military because dishonorably discharged

So basically right now he's stuck living in a godawful trailer with no hope of any job save one months from now. Nobody but his brother, me, and my grandma have been willing to give him the slightest bit of help and our charity is the only reason he hasn't starved to death.

Is he just shit out of luck living more or less like a hobo until August or later?
So far the only thing I thought of to improve his situation is changing the address of his trailer without moving it but that requires $20 or more he doesn't have to update his license so he won't be denied food stamps on a technicality again.
>>
Oh also thanks to his unreliable prick of a landlord, he missed a court date for speeding so now he has a warrant out and is going straight to jail if caught driving again, for 30-45 days if he's right.
So he also has to find a place for his dogs to stay during this time. He can't get a job until he gets the warrant settled and in my living situation I can't have any pets. He is willing to give up 2 dogs if need be but apparently not the oldest one.
Not sure if he'd change his mind if it was the difference between being homeless or not.
>>
Have you considered dealing meth
>>
>>18301161
Is this "friend" you Anon?
>>
File: 1494339526324.jpg (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494339526324.jpg
32KB, 657x527px
>>18301161
Dishonorably discharged. End of discussion.
>>
>>18301179
Eat the dogs. 2 problems solved right there.
the cops pick him up and put him in jail.
Get taken care of in jail.
Why do you care about this loser anyways.
>>
>>18301195
No I'm just a fat neckbeard NEET mooching off my parents.
>>18301202
At this point I'm just too invested in trying to get his problems fixed to pull out. Plus I do feel vaguely responsible for occasionally offering him some weed when me and another friend were smoking.
He did say he'd become addicted but I never thought anyone could be so messed up they'd let their problems pile up until they're unignorable and seemingly insurmountable. Then again he was an alcoholic for 6 months until one of his dogs died due to neglect.
I'm not saying he's a good person but I'm trying to get him to care about doing better. I don't like to think there are people who can't do any better if they try.
>>
What about the people who go to places like Bumfuck, Africa or wherever and help by doing things like setting up infrastructure and teaching?
Would something like that be paid? I don't remember what but I heard of some group that would pay for college at least if you signed on for 2 years. It definitely wasn't military.
>>
>>18301161
>>has 3 dogs to support on top of feeding himself

Sorry Ann.
I have no sympathy for your friend.
If he's really in that much of a predicament, he should get rid of the dogs.
>>
>>18301654
They're one of his very few reasons for living, and one is a guard dog that's reasonable to keep because he lives in methhead alley.
You're right but I can't get him to see reason no matter what. I think he has at least one kind of mental illness.
At least he's not one of those cat hoarders getting in this situation by taking on like 50 of them.
>>
>>18301817
I guess really I've needed to cut this guy out of my life for ages but I'm almost certain I won't find it until he cleaning the place out to move and I wouldn't trust him to find his own ass if it wasn't attached.
>>
>>18301828
Brain fart because I'm barely awake. Meant to say I lost an expensive phone there.
sage
>>
Best way to help him is to stop helping him. Let him deal with things on his own and see how long he lasts.
>>
>>18302058

Anything else is enabling his lazy ass. He needs these consequences because he earned them. You just back off and be there when he smartens up. You're not his babysitter. When he's facedown he'll get up but not before because someone has always helped him. Leave him be.
>>
>>18301161
He can work for housing/food
http://www.workaway.info/
But the dogs gonna be a problem
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.