[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: large.jpg (110KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
110KB, 480x480px
It's been about six months. I feel constantly empty and bad. At school I'm very sad because of a failed love relationship, but even when I manage to ward off the bad thoughts, I still feel miserable. I found my life to be pointless and gave up on many things such as working out, video games, and even roleplaying. I started sleeping in class & don't put any effort into passing my tests anymore. Even when I can clear my head on holidays I still feel empty.

But it's at different levels. I've thought about killing myself numerous times at school but sometimes at home I just stay in my room to avoid contact, and I feel a tad better. I tried to find reasons: I'm ugly, I got rejected by my love interest and I see her every day, or maybe the school? Or maybe I blame my depression for my laziness? Or I'm trying to get attention? Because I see no clear reason for that state of miserable-ness. I'm privileged and healthy.

I can't help but feel like sh!t. It's starting to really mess up my life.

Plz help, /adv/, is it gonna go away? No matter how much I try to get out of that state, I'm always back to square one. I'm giving up.
>>
File: f15.jpg (177KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
f15.jpg
177KB, 700x379px
>>18300506
Talk to your parents or friends. Dont be scared and talk to somebody. Force yourself to start some activities. It will eventually get better, but not overnight. Maybe adopot some sport? Endorphines and adrenaline helps with this too.

Try to talk to professional too.

Do not pretend that nothing is wrong. Cry if you must. Talk to somebody about your problems.

Cheers.
>>
>>18300519
I used to work out regularly & have hobbies. The thing is, I can't seem to bring myself to do it again for a sustained period of time. I end up giving up in the end.

I did try to talk, and it brought me some relief. But seeing a professional seems overblown and would make life hell with my family.
>>
Add a stressful job to your life. Im talking like elderly care or working at a daycare. That stress eases depression.

Laziness is a result of depression but heres the thing. You may feel and be depressed, but acting out on it and playing into the role of a depressed person will make you suffer a lot more. Do your schoolwork
>>
>>18300526
>overblown
How much longer do you have to suffer before you consider that visiting proffessional will be appropriate?

>life hell with my family
Maybe your shitty family and upbringing is cause of all this.

FORCE yourself to do the activities, make schedule and obey it no matter what. Talk to your parents/friends about how dead inside you feel.
>>
>>18300532
School is stressful enough, thanks, even though I remain a lazy cunt. I'm at a special binational type of school, x2 the workload of usual schools during "senior" (last) year, huge tests in the last year.

>>18300539
My family's good, nice folks, it's just that my dad is a military-minded type who'll beat discipline inside me if he needs to. He'd probably cut off my access to the PC even though it's my only source of escapism. And to his eyes I'll be even more of a failure.

I may seem complacent when I say things like this, but I've already tried to get better. During Christmas, during February. I did a little but then fell back into this mood. It's gotten to the point I can't seem to help it. I wake up and my only goal is to sleep again. On my PC, I used to play RPGs & that type of stuff. Now I only do low-energy activities even there like 4chan or reading the news.

Fuck I wish I could take a pill & wake up happy for once, and forgot the past seven months altogether.
>>
maybe seeking a professional and /or taking antidepressiva would be a good idea. beeing depressed is also a medical condition in your brain which can be therapated with drugs..
>>
>>18300627
Yeah but my trouble is I don't know if I'm depressed...I don't have any real reason to be & sometimes I don't feel as sad as other times.
>>
>>18300603
When your dad is the scary boss, use your mom or siblings or granparents to talk to. Tell them ALL your troubles, maybe ask them if they can you make you join some of their activities so you dont die alone in your room.

>>18300655
>i dont know if im depressed
Only sad people come here and make such threads. You evidently are too young to solve this problem alone. Dont be ashamed of reaching for help. I bet even your dad would rather have his son come to him for help than you to drop from school and kys years after from total apathy.

TALK TO SOMEBODY. Cry, yell, show your fucking emotions! You are human being, not robot.
>>
>>18300685
>You are human being, not robot.

I won't say I'm socially inept but I don't know how to handle people. I'm at my best when I am alone in my room. But for this reason I lack friends.

I was always this way. So I do wonder why all of a sudden that sadness kicks in.
>>
>>18300506
It looks like you'll just have to get over that bitch desu senpai.

You're probably feeling worse because you quit exercising.

You should force yourself to lift some weights, and inform your parents as to how you feel.

If you're a teenager, your face is still growing and developing. If you're ugly when you're 14, you can be handsome when you're 20.

Same with when you're 16. It even keeps going when you're 18.
>>
>>18301088
>>18300506
I specifically mention weight lifting because it produces dopamine in the brain.

When you stop weight lifting, you can easily fall into a depression.

I recommend you learn to discipline yourself. No one cares more about your life than you. No one will make you happy aside from yourself. This is why you must force yourself to do things for yourself.

If you give up on weight-lifting, a dopamine producer, you're signing up for negative emotions. Keep that in mind the next time you quit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.