[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone be cured of narcissism? I recently had a budding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1447726770065.jpg (1MB, 2937x2203px) Image search: [Google]
1447726770065.jpg
1MB, 2937x2203px
Can someone be cured of narcissism? I recently had a budding relationship with a girl I liked crash and burn (dat passive voice lol) and in googling some of the things that happened between us I found that I exhibit a lot of behaviors associated with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I want to change this but 99% of sites don't offer any hope of treatment or recovery but just simply warn to steer clear of these people. I don't want to think I'm just human garbage or can never have a meaningful relationship with someone so I'd really like to fix this. What do?
>>
>>18300470

You want to change? Then work on it. Identify the thought patterns that lead you to be like this, and change or avoid them. Identify the things that make you be more like you want, and focus on doing them more.
>>
What are some of the narcissistic personality traits you think you posses?
>>
>>18300476
>huge fragile ego
>lack of empathy
>emotionally manipulative
>good at pretending to be interested and loving at first in order to get close to people (usually other needy people), then withdraw my affection in order to emotionally abuse them. I'll do this as long as I can get away with it before they finally walk away I go into full attack mode and tear them down as much as possible before trying to get them back into a relationship with me to start the cycle all over again
Also I'm not proud of any of this. It's quite disgusting behavior but when I'm in the mix it just feels like I'm acting out my feelings
>>
>>18300484
Well, the first step to change is accepting there's a problem so props to you for identifying this. I would listen to what >>18300474 anon said. This isn't easy but you've already found the problems that you want to fix, strive to be the person you really want to be, or if not, don't hide the person you really are (being nice upfront and then being an asshole, just be an asshole from the beginning)
>>
>>18300470

Yea you can change. Narcissism is a spectrum. It's not like you have it/you don't. Soo fix it and pull your head outta your ass
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.