[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i do my best at school and still fail. Probably gonna get an E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

while my friends smoke weed and get drunk every weekend and do fine. Im a dumb piece of shit. help.
>>
Study / work harder. If you don't want to do that than accept the fact that you're a retard.
>>
>>18300374

I already work extremely fucking hard. Know matter how hard a dog works at writing an essay he will still fail. This isn't because he doesn't work hard, its because he doesn't have the capacity to write an essay. I, like the dog, don't have the capacity to write an essay (that is any good) due to my memory deficit.

How do I come to terms with the fact that Im retarded?

I don't know if this place is going to very helpful right now...

I still have 8 days till my exam. I'm finding it really hard to study because I feel like failure is inevitable as I did bad in my mock (though it hasn't been marked yet).
>>
>>18300392
The difference is you're not a dog. Those are all excuses. Like I said you can keep making excuses or you can work harder and not be a retard. Choice is yours.
>>
>>18300396

I really wish that was how it works...
>>
"Work harder" is lazy advice and that may not even be the problem. But if you're putting in full effort and still failing, you may need to drastically change your study habits. For one, are you starting assignments as soon as they're given? You say you have a problem doing essays due to memory issues but essays don't require that much memory. You can make notes of all your research and build a good essay by putting the pieces together.

Are you taking advantage of all the resources provided to you? If you're in college your institution probably has some kind of writing center. Same for other departments.

Are you going to your instructors for things you don't understand? Do you take GOOD notes? You can learn to do this from Youtube.

You're blaming your failure on things that you can't control (like your intelligence, poor memory, etc) but that's just a coping strategy. Succeeding in education (up to a point) is mostly about having the discipline to study, prepare, make use of resources, and actually DO the work and turn it in on time. Identify your problem areas and work on them. Get help from other people if you need to.
>>
>>18300364

Listen to Anon, OP >>18300411

Can you really say you are working well, not harder? It's hard to spend a whole night writing an essay to hand in the next day, but that's not doing a good job. So Hard =/= Good.
>>
>>18300411

>Are you taking advantage of all the resources provided to you? If you're in college your institution probably has some kind of writing center. Same for other departments.

I'm studying from home (doing A-levels) and doing a correspondence course. My tutor (for philosophy) won't mark any more papers that I do, as she is only required to mark 1 and a half papers. She can only help when I don't fully understand a concept.

> You say you have a problem doing essays due to memory issues but essays don't require that much memory.

Im assessed with an exam. I need to remember lots of info.
Im not gonna give up. I am gonna focus on re writing essays till the exam. This I haven't been doing. Now that I think about it, my revision could do with some improvement.
>>
I am good at writing essays, just not at remembering the key facts. My main issue is not the essay, but just answering small exam questions in which basically the only thing assessed is my memory.
>>
>>18300364

i took an IQ test and

>dyslexia
>dyspraxia
>dyscalculia
>mental math iq of 85
>spatial reasoning bottom 1 percentile
> short term memory iq of about 100
>long term memory iq of about 85
>Verbal reasoning IQ 147

I do have the verbal thing going for me, but everything else is fucked.

I think i will dropout of my a levels and move to a coursework only course. Maybe I will do okay when Im not assessed through exams.

typing from phone sorry for spelling
>>
>>18300429

We are using essays as an example because you said you are gona fail your next one. The point: Study smarter, not harder.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.