[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try and make a child with my wife if I'm dead within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1493965500862.jpg (109KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493965500862.jpg
109KB, 720x960px
Should I try and make a child with my wife if I'm dead within the year?

I'm a semi-normie, got a good job, wife of 4 years and life under control. Been browsing the chins for years, love me some dank memes.

Been dealing with cancer for the last year or so but it's getting worse. Doctors have given me less than a year left. I do feel like shit.

I would love to have a child before it's over but can I do that to my wife? She will be alone with it and the kid will never get to know me.

>inb4 what if u survive tho
Not going to happen. I'm deadly ill but still able to produce healthy sperm.
>>
>>18299750
I think this is something you need to talk about with your wife more than anything, anon.

I'm not great at figuring out what to say in these situations, but I hope this isn't too hard on you.
>>
>>18299750
OP I suggest you consider this from the child's prespective, if given the choice would you have rather grown up without a father, or if they are lucky a good step dad?

Personaly I don’t think its fair to bring a child into this world in your situation.

Good luck with the cancer.
>>
>>18299750
Don't do it.
You do not want children growing up without a father.
There is a reason men raised by single moms are such losers.
Plus you probably won't even see the baby born.
>>
>>18299750
Sorry to hear that anon.

But this is probably a discussion to have with your wife.

If she wants a living tangible reminder of you and what you shared, then that's something you should know and factor in. If you feel like she'd need a child to get over the grief of your loss, that's something you should factor in. If you feel like the burden of a child would be too much, that's something you should talk about with her and see how she'd feel about it.

Don't try to make her decisions for her.

She's going through just as much shit as you are at the moment--possibly even more since she'll STILL have to deal with the pain of losing you long after you're gone--so you kinda owe it to her to talk it over and to let her have a say in this.
>>
Honestly, I give you my blessing if she wishes to have your child. But you do need to be able to accept the idea that over time, if she gets to be so lucky, she might need another man along the way for her sake and also for the child's. Because if you want her to have your baby but be alone for the rest of her life and somehow do a good job on raising the little one successfully, you might need to be a bit more realistic.

Death will be easier to accept and 'go through' knowing you won't completely disappear from this world.

I am a good brained lady, and I was raised without a mother.

If done right, there is no reason why your child shouldn't turn out fine, as long as raising is done right.

I am sorry this is happening to you. I wish you and your family best of luck and courage.
>>
>>18299750
Lol no because you are trash overpopulating the world with your worthless shit self.
>>
Tl;dr child may feel different and become depressed. Mother may not be able to provide for the both of them and become unnecessarily stressed.

As someone that has grown up without a father past the age of 4, I wouldn't suggest bringing a child into this world considering your situation. Everyone I know has a dad and has grown up with one while I didn't. Not having a dad made me feel different and not like everyone else in a bad way. My mom couldn't(and still can't) provide enough money for us to be able to live stably. No step dad and I don't know anything that my friends with dads know, such as engines and how to properly go wooding(small town and nearly everyone uses wood stoves).

Good luck with the cancer and sorry to hear you may not get to have a child when you want one so badly.
>>
>>18299750
No. Your wife will end up a single mother and that will ruin her life afterward. Plus the first few months to a year with a new baby is the absolute worst, so she would end up dealing with that and your most likely painful and costly death at the same time. And the kid would grow up without a father. This is all assuming she doesn't just miscarry, which happens frequently and will just add more death and suffering. If you actually love each other, don't do it. You do not possess any unique genes. The rest of the population has them too. Don't turn one tragedy into another.
>>
>>18302266
She will find it far more difficult to find another partner if she already has a kid. If you love each other, why would you want that? Just try to appreciate your remaining time together.
>>
>>18299750
Not to be that guy, but if you have less than a year, can you even become a father? It takes 9 full months for the baby to come out, and that's assuming you impregnate her IMMEDIATELY. pregnancy is harder than most think. the worst case scenario is you impregnating her then dying before the baby even comes out. I feel like this may be a hasty decision made simply because you want all of life but weren't given the time, unfortunately
>>
File: 1491468833725.png (253KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1491468833725.png
253KB, 480x608px
>>18302460
>impregnate her IMMEDIATELY
Roger that.
>>
>>18299750
Go sell/gift your sperm in as many sperm banks as you can if you fell for the dna meme. Dont make your wife a single mother. That is like the ultimate punishnent for her and her baby.
>>
Record a video of yourself talking to the kid.

Tell it how much you love him/her, and that you are sorry for being selfish, but that you loved 'mom' too much not to create something beautiful and that you knew she'd be strong enough to pull through.

Rest is up to you (exonomics, wifes maturity, how primitive the environment is - sweden e.g. Is much safer to grow up in without sociopath gangrape at the age of 10 than Brazil since the kid needs a dad to deal with things like that; women only want you to snitch which doesnt work :d).

Gl famalam
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>18299761
>I think this is something you need to talk about with your wife more than anything, anon.

This! Nobody else can help you with that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.