[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression worsens, desire for self-harm does too. Need some advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: nAJWsH.png (709KB, 836x678px) Image search: [Google]
nAJWsH.png
709KB, 836x678px
I've been feeling worse and worse lately, all of my problems have just piled onto me and I feel myself drowning in my sadness. Haven't felt like this since I was a little shit, 13 years old, cutting myself for attention. Now, when I get into a really dark mood and I just hate everything thats going on, I get the urge to just take something sharp and cut my arms open. It doesn't feel like I want attention, more like I just want to feel the pain just to feel it. Maybe I feel like I deserve it, idk, but sometimes I just feel like I need to feel that pain.

Only thing that stops me from hurting myself is that I know my gf of 5 years loves me to pieces and would be devastated if I hurt myself, even slightly. I love her so much, even though we fight a bit because of all the stress going on in life and between eachother, just trying to make it day by day, only good thing I've ever had in my life and I don't want to make her more upset than I already have. Just don't know what to do. Best idea's I've had so far are either talking to a psychiatrist which I'm not likely to do, nor could I afford, or just going for it and cutting where she can't see, though that probably won't work because sex usually involves being fully naked. I just feel so fucked and don't have anyone I can talk to about this. I don't want to scare her or stress her out even more with more of my stupid fucking problems.

TL;DR: Sad anon wants to hurt himself but doesn't want to hurt gf or make her life worse than he already has. Sorry for the short story, don't get to get things off my chest in a stress free way very often.
>>
Are you a neet or where are you in life?
If you just sit home all day that could be a major problem.
>>
>>18299520
stop buying into the cutting yourself meme. smoking is pretty popular too. want to take that up?

>sad anon wants to hurt himself
>wants to hurt himself
stop this shit

you're not even posting about your supposed boatloads of problems, just talking about cutting yourself. that shit just clownin' dog. how fucked up is you?

actually address your problems. the only way to cure this feeling is to try and solve/come to terms with the issues that are bothering you

>my girlfriend of five years would be devastated
yeah don't fuck this relationship up
you don't need to use drama to get your issues addressed. YOUR FEELINGS ARE ALWAYS VALID AND IMPORTANT. If you believe your feelings are always valid and important, there's no need to cut yourself for attention.

>I'm not doing it for attention
it's probably not a conscious decision. You're caving under adult pressure and regressing to things you did when you were adolescent.

now enough side tracking. address your issues.
>>
>>18299533
Nay, finishing up first year of college this week. Have a shitty part-time job in fast food, makes me miserable though. When I'm at home I try to keep busy, clean, yard work, play the bass a bit, World of Warcraft, getting into witchcraft, chill with my gf as often as possible, our schedules line up nicely so not really an issue.
>>
>>18299546
Sorry, not really used to talking about them. I think my main problems stem from being molested when I was younger and repressing that until I was 16. Got a lot of hate towards my parents now and the whole thing fucked me up sexually.

Besides that I just think I have something going on in my head. My mother has some mental issues so that could have some sort of part to play. Some days I just wake up and from the second I get going I feel just gray and dead.

I feel like my life has no purpose. School feels like it isn't going to go anywhere. Feel like I can't my gf happy/can't be the person she needs. Hate my fucking job, and the last one I quit because it was pretty much the same shit just a different fast food store. Want some sort of work that feels fulfilling, something really hands on.
>>
>>18299550
try taking a hobby to the next level. videogames and music seem easy to take to the next level. try being more ambitious about the things that you like. I guess that includes your girlfriend too - maybe do something special for her.

these are just some ideas to bring some more joy and ambition into your life. people aren't satisfied by education and career ambitions alone. you have a lot more going than most people, so make the most of it while you still can.
>>
>>18299559
well you aren't going to college for fast food service, right? you said you were graduating?

regardless, there are some niche places to work. flower shops, vending machine service - some nice niche jobs for the time being.

try to reduce your stress and increase your mood, if only for a limited time. you'll come up with better ideas this way.

some people are clearly driving people around on uber just to turn their anxious energy into something productive.

>sometimes just feel grey and dead
that's more relatable than you think, but unfortunately nobody who can commiserate with you on this is going to be much help.

it's important to climb out of this and join the living

>I feel like my life has no purpose
>I can't make my girlfriend happy
I don't know where to start with this
>>
>>18299578
Done with my first year next this week. I want to get a masters. Dream is to be a professor really.

Life just doesn't feel like it has purpose so until it does, not much to do about that I suppose.

The whole being molested really fucked up my sex drive once I remembered it happening, and its definitely impacted our relationship sexually, and Im an emotional wreck when it comes to mentioning that event.
>>
>>18299593
oh, your first year. you clearly need counseling. it sounds like you have a lot going for you, and some serious trauma at the same time. your life can either be amazing or total shit depending on how you handle your mental health - yes, you in particular. so get on it.
>>
>>18299597
That is the answer (huehue) I kinda expected. I know I need to, but I just have such a bitch of a time talking about my emotions. This is easy because comptuer, but I can't even talk about this shit with my lovely without freaking the fuck out. Must sleep for now, thank you so much for talking to me, just needed something./someone. Have a good night.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.