[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vices in the closet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3389.jpg (136KB, 615x822px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3389.jpg
136KB, 615x822px
The bars cost too much, so I bought a huge handle of whisky. The thing is, I've had no desire to crack it. I might take a flask if my friends insist on going to the bar. Time will tell.

This has me thinking, could I take the allure and excitement out of my vices, if they were just sitting in abundance on a shelf in my closet? I was thinking, having an abundance of the stuff and repeatedly not going after it is really starting to turn me off.

Does this sound like a decent quitting method for a non-addict? I was thinking about doing the same thing with candy and cigarettes - make it boring, take the excitement and novelty out of it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>18299162
This might work in theory, but you are just tempting yourself.

First off, people aren't only addicted to cigs cause of the allure, they smoke cause of the chemical addiction to nicotine. Secondly, how did getting a handle of whiskey cure your desire to drink? Do you drink any less than when you bought the handle?
>>
>>18299175
I'm not dependent on any of these things, just allured out of boredom. It's hard to "just stop" when life is so dull, though.

>do you drink less since you bought the handle
I don't remember the last time I sat on a lot of alcohol and didn't feel a desire to drink it. I never had an abundance of it. Having booze was this exciting, sometimes social thing, but now it's like having dish soap.
>>
>>18299193
That's what lots of addicts say. If you are truly attracted to these things out if boredom get a damn hobby. I really don't see how buying candy and cigs in bulk will stop your vices.
>>
>>18299282
Everyone has their own solution. Time will tell in this case. If I can have this stuff on a shelf and abstain indefinitely, that doesn't seem addicted to me.
>>
>>18299291
Of course, but the problem is that if you truly are addicted/don't have self control, you will now have a huge supply of what you are addicted to.
>>
>>18299162
>taking a flask to a bar
Enjoy getting kicked out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.