[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1493152994168.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
1493152994168.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
If no one ever takes the initiative to message me first, then does that mean I am unnattractive? Particularly when it comes to women - if no women ever message me through text or whatever, am I just repulsive? Any input would help
>>
>>18299064
If your self image is determined by things like that you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>18299137
Why do you think I'm on here? I have no awareness of how I appear to other people.
>>
>>18299064
That isn't a good way of looking at things. Just because people don't take initiative to text you, doesn't mean they dislike you or find you repulsive.
>>
>>18299152
How do you appear to yourself? How do you feel other people perceive you?
>>
>>18299152
you have to own who you are and not care about others. people can tell that you have low self esteem. they see that you're thinking too much of how you appear to them.
>>
>>18299160
It certainly means they dont consider me interesting or attractive enough to message first though

>>18299163
I think of myself as detached, prone to seek out arguments, outspoken when it comes to my opinions but only if i can back them up with facts, and a bit of a loner. I have no idea what others think of me though.

>>18299166
Thanks for the meaningless platitudes with no practical application. "Just b3 urself XP XD EcksDeeeeee". Kill yourself.
>>
>>18299181
Let's look at this from a different angle. Do you want friendship and intimacy from other people? Is that why what they think matters to you? Is there a specific person or woman you have on your mind?
>>
>>18299064
I think about this a lot, as someone who also never gets messaged (or any other kind of social contact) first.

I doubt it necessarily has anything to do with attraction, though that undoubtedly contributes. I tend to think it's more that they dislike us for our whole person, and that how attractive we are is just one small part of that.
>>
>>18299215
On principle, yes, I want friendship and intimacy from other people. However, I want to know what they think of me for more practical reasons such as knowing how to better navigate my school's social scene and who to contact should I get lonely or in need of some distraction of some sort. Also, ego plays a role.

The woman I wanted skyrocketed out of my reach many months ago. I dont want to love anyone again because of that. Everytime I've opened up to others it has caused me pain and no reward. I thought I had learned this lesson the 4 times I tried before the last. So, I want to be wanted, but I dont want to want.

>>18299223
I suppose you're right. However, I guess there is no way of being certain though - which is what bothers me the most. If people could just tell me they hate me, regardless of the reason, instead of leaving me without any information, then I'd be content.
>>
>>18299245
If you are a bit of the detached loner type, people might find you difficult to approach. Would you say you're a decent looking guy that takes care of his appearance/hygiene at at least an acceptable level? Based on what you've said so far, I don't think you are necessarily unattractive to other people. I think if you are a loner, detached, and argumentative, but only about things you know/care about, people might have a hard time talking to you. Are you typically kind towards others?

Also, I think a good way for someone like you to make a friend would be through a hobby or interest. If there are social events available to you that you can connect with another person through something you like, you could probably make a good friend if you're willing to be outgoing.
>>
>>18299300
Yeah, I shower every day and keep myself clean and healthy. I eat well and exercise regularly. So I guess I am not hideous. Also, I'm not exactly kind to others. My sense of humor has been called caustic and dismissive by my one very close friend. He says it is difficult to tell if I'm genuinely insulting others or if I am just being funny. Additionally, I call people out on their bullshit and hypocrisy very often. I may be a little too trigger happy when it comes to attacking others for things they do, but I never criticize without reason like an sjw or something. I'll try to be even more outgoing next semester. Maybe your advice will work out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.