[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help for anxiety/panicking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: gordonramsay.gif (980KB, 380x213px) Image search: [Google]
gordonramsay.gif
980KB, 380x213px
Wrote up a huge post but it ended up as rambling blogposting so here goes instead. I have issues with anxiety, specifically a new girl at work who at the start of the year we stopped talking after a fucking weird night at mine, we kissed and then she said we're just friends and we should "carry on like before", though it was always something more on my end. It's worth saying at this point that when I unfreeze enough emotionally to like someone, I fall for them too fast and that was a factor. Months on, after not talking for all that time, somewhat passive-aggressive walking past each other, I'm mostly over it, no desire to go back even if that were an option, and she's seeing someone else.

(1/2)
>>
>>18298370
However the anxiety every time I think she might be in at the same time is killing me. All of my workplace knew about it starting and ending, though I've no idea to what degree or what's been said, so I worry about her or her friends spreading things about me. I'm not very talkative and kind of weird in the first place, so it's easy to think some people would be all too eager to believe bad things about me.
The anxiety has got to a point where although I can keep a neutral/brave face, to keep myself focused I have to talk myself through doing jobs, and even then it's on autopilot. It wears me down so much by the end of a bad day that I'm exhausted and just collapse into bed on getting home. Last Saturday I got home on the verge of tears, stopped abruptly and then felt all emotion just drain away, sat in the dark and stared at the walls for an hour without moving. After that I stayed in the kitchen for another hour trying to make myself call a mental health helpline, but eventually went to bed without doing it.
Previously I've been told by a GP to go through MoodGYM (online self-help CBT) on a different anxiety occasion, but it's not helping much when it's this bad, and the waiting lists for counselling/in-person CBT is at least half a year long. The days since then have been alright, but it always comes back and I'm not sure how long I can keep up this level of stress before I explode at someone or have a breakdown. Is there anything at all that might help? Even just knowing someone else has been through this kind of thing and come out better for it would help, but all I see is people keeping it half at bay all their lives.

tl;dr terrible anxiety whenever girl at work is even in the building is wearing me down to breaking point, is there any hope?
>>
test 2
>>
>>18298372
>Is there anything at all that might help? Even just knowing someone else has been through this kind of thing and come out better for it would help, but all I see is people keeping it half at bay all their lives.
well then let me give you my little story:
was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder
went through psychiatry (was awesome) and found an amazing psychologist. went to her for ~1 1/2 years and am WAY better now. most of my anxieties are gone and those that are not have been massively reduced.

what you have to do is expose yourself to your fears and afterwards reassess the situation that made you anxious. also find some activity that allows you to relax when you are stressed. maybe going through a woods and scream at the top of your lungs is something for you
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>18298389
Thanks for the advice and viewpoint. I've known I should face up to it, but every time if seemed like a bad day for it for whatever reason (getting scowled at if I passed her, her friend telling everyone loudly that we don't speak). Part of the Saturday stress was having walked past her all dressed up to go out; she said something and they all laughed, then she turned, saw me and covered her mouth as if caught. Didn't hear what it was but I know when I'm being made fun of. It's been a constant worry whether or not I should even talk to her again, as despite the closure it would provide she led me on while we were talking so I don't feel she'd fully deserve an apology for the abrupt cutoff.

Sorry if I'm going off-topic btw, there are a lot of random bits that sometimes don't matter and other times feel like they change the situation entirely.
I guess a psych or therapist may be the best option, though it's a hell of a wait...
>>
>>18298370
Hahaha oh boy, exact same situation over here with me man! What helped me was taking a week off work to just mope about it and then coming back. I still had anxiety attacks, even cried in the bathroom once! But I refused to quit and honestly just stuck it out and forced myself to behave like before. It'll take time and there are days where I see her and feel nothing but anger for what she did, but it's tempered by the idea that it wasn't meant to be. Just do you man.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.