[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Embarrassing Failures Won't Go Away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3927.jpg (56KB, 561x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3927.jpg
56KB, 561x346px
I bombed trying to get the attention of an ex and it never left me, my other failed courtships leaves me feeling embarrassed and I can't shake it.
>>
>>18298275
Grow up.
>>
>>18298275
Work out your feelings now and don't just try to distract yourself. Let the feelings flow through you as strong and as long as it has to.

Ask yourself questions and don't fear to consider even the questions and answers that feel stupid or obvious at first. Think about it in every perspective. Ask yourself for example why does this make you feel embarrassed? How long could this feelings stay in the worst case scenario? What's the worst thing these feelings could cause? How do you think your ex feels? How long do you think your ex felt or will feel these feelings? What's the worst thing this might lead into? If your ex told about this to somebody who would that be? What would that person think? What could you do to make you and/or your ex stop feeling that way? Why were you trying to get your ex's attention? Is there any other way to achieve that?

Here are my 2 cents: You can't really learn everything from books. You have to fail some things to really learn them. If you wouldn't have bombed here you had always wondered what would have happened if you had tried. Be happy that you made this mistake this early and that you made it at all. Some people never have a chance to learn.
>>
>>18298377
I didn't want to contact my ex until I got my shit together, but "better minds" suggested I contact her asap instead which resulted in me making an ass of myself for a week and getting blocked. I felt guilty and immature.

The only thing that's provided temporary relief was that an attractive girl made out with me Saturday, but I may have fucked up texting her and now I'm back in the shame zone.

I think, fortunately, that "the worst thing this might lead to" is just losing someone important to me and not enduring any legal matters or being cheated on. Still, can't help but be disappointed in myself trying to win her back in such a half-assed way.
>>
>>18298275
Everyone fails and make bad and stupid stuff, you are not the first person to invent this. Imagine how many people that lived, is living, and will live make stupid shit all the time. It's not so bad as you think it is.

What if your best friend did exactly what u just did? Would you judge him poorly? Or would you be sympathetic towards him? I suggest that your reaction to your best friend is the one you should give yourself. People fuck up, it's a part of life. If it wasnt for failures we wouldnt grow.
>>
>>18298504
Good! Keep going. Some of this stuff might take some time to figure out so don't worry about writing if you don't feel like it.

What shit did you want to get together before contacting your ex? How long do you think it could have taken? How do you think she would have felt then? Why do you feel guilty? Do you feel angry towards those "better minds"?

As for the new girl I feel like if she wasn't interested enough about you to handle one mistake it wasn't going to last anyway. Sooner or later people will make mistakes. Keep handling those feelings and asking questions and sooner or later you will think up a way to work things out or just find a new way to see things.

But I'm just projecting my impressions here but take them as you will.
>>
>>18298587
I'm angry with myself because I should've known better in retrospect. I wanted to move forward in my career among other things but she'll never know since she left me on social media and started a new relationship. It's likely a long-term endeavor anyway.

I'm not good with girls in general, I'll grab the attention of one but it's fleeting, so there's weeks or months in between meeting someone where I'll be mostly alone and vulnerable to toxic thoughts about my self worth.

I want to come to terms with the fact everyone passes eachother around and the best parts of a relationship are in the beginning anyway. Still envious of people who can stick together for more than a few months. Just don't want to piss away this crucial time to make myself a better person by feeling like shit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.