[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop comparing myself to other people? Literally all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 142255689422.jpg (129KB, 550x652px) Image search: [Google]
142255689422.jpg
129KB, 550x652px
How do I stop comparing myself to other people?

Literally all the women on television, adverts, in movies, on the street, all seem better than me in various ways. I feel consistently sub-par and unable to compete with them. It makes me angry and upset and has ruined my enjoyment of most media.

It's like no matter how attractive I try and make myself, I know my boyfriend is seeing the same people and I cannot possibly compete with them. I feel like I'm letting him down.

It makes me angry at myself for not being good enough, even though the majority of these people have make up artists, good lighting, photo shop and airbrushing. I feel disgusted with myself and even though I go to the gym five times a week and eat healthily, I feel it's ultimately pretty pointless because I'll never be a petite, slim, blond goddess with no blemishes.

How can I get more confident about myself and get over this bitter attitude towards those more perfect than me?
>>
>>18298187
Beauty fades, romance becomes shame.

You sound like you have your shit together. Just continue to take care of yourself, focus on improving yourself. Find a great guy, especially when he's young and his career hasn't taken off. Be faithful to him and make him happy - that's all a man wants. It's true a lot of these girls have it easier being pretty, but it'll even out as you get older. That being said, you should still take care of your appearance, it matters a lot for initial attraction.
>>
>>18298187
improve yourself: gym, good haircut, hobbies, career, personality.
your welcome
>>
Unironically, bee yourself.
>>
>>18298187
>those more perfect than me?

They are not perfect. No one is.

>It makes me angry at myself for not being good enough, even though the majority of these people have make up artists, good lighting, photo shop and airbrushing.

You already know why you should ignore it, so... ignore it?
>>
>>18298187
I mean, there are actual girls like me swamped in forever alone land.

You're in a good place aside from your mentality; try to respect your boyfriend more, you can't honestly believe he's dumb enough to keep stringing you along like that and not even thinking you're attractive, right?

>slimness
>not blonde
>not petite (which is silly to be bothered by considering models are literal amazons, why are you so inconsistent?)
Your boyfriend could be into it, y'know. How tall are you, anyway?
>>
File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
>>18298333
>not slim
I mean
>>
>>18298187
>>18298333
Men only liking blondes is a meme. Everyone has their own preferences.
>>
>>18298350
Exactly. Some people even think it makes a girl look stupider and that brunette or black is classier. Nothings on a spectrum of just "attractive or not", it's all subjective. The only subjectively bad thing is stuff like excess weight and fixable blemishes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.