[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to chill the fuck out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

Sup guys, I was wondering... do you sometimes blow things that happen during the day way out of proportion? I overthink way too much and make really small stuff way big in my head and overreact a lot.Which makes me worry all day and its stressful as fuck. Any tips on how to let things just slide so that you can be free to enjoy your life?

Peace
>>
>>18298033
Been having this issue for a long time, both physical and mental. My best solution so far is distraction, like a game. But really that just delays the problem.
>>
File: 1492804586194-b.jpg (51KB, 704x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492804586194-b.jpg
51KB, 704x720px
This happens to me at night, generally after I smoke some weed and get all introspective. I begin dissecting shit I said throughout the day and panic over it even though I didn't care when it actually happened.

Once I became conscious of this, it was a matter of telling the panic to fuck off and reminding myself firmly that I didn't give a flying 747 fuck about it while sober during the day, so why kill my buzz now.

Since I started doing this, it's gotten much better. I can feel the panic waiting to pounce, but I don't let it. Sometimes it's not even there. I'm going to one day have be be consistently absent.
>>
>>18298033
That picture is fucking cringe.
>>
>>18298109
tyler the creator is a cringeworthy individual with shallow as fuck quotes, but desu if he can makes it big almost anybody can (with luck)
>>
>>18298033
Work with these feelings. Take time to really think through things even when answer seems stupid or obvious. Ask yourself why do you blow things out of proportions? Do you get angry, sad, ashamed and/or something else? Who or what you feel these feelings towards to usually? How does your body react when you feel these feelings? do your hands, shoulders, stomach or some other parts tense up?
>>
>>18298120
I get angry most of the time, but also I feel a lot of shame. Angry I guess because i'm 24 but still dont feel mature and that makes me both angry and ashamed. I'm too nice and somewhat of a people pleaser. Angry that things I want to controll cant be controlled.
>>
>>18298119
Why is it shallow? I think that hes just being himself. All people have their own quirks.
>>
>>18298135
Good. Keep going. Some of these questions might be personal or take time to answer so you don't have to answer to me if you don't feel like it.

In what ways do you feel immature? Why being immature makes you ashamed? Who are the people you don't want to think that you're immature?

Why are you a people pleaser? What things do you do to please people? What are the things you think you should quit doing? Who are the people you like to please the most?

Why do you feel you try to control things you can't control? How do you know the difference between things you can and can't control? What's the worst that could happen if you don't control them? What's the worst thing that could happen if you didn't stop trying to control them?

I feel you are suffering because you are trying to make or keep things certain way and you can't believe that all things could end one day. but life is always changing.

To me thinking it this way helps: Imagine that you could have an awesome gaming PC and the best car and go to live in the most perfect house where ever you wanted BUT you could only have it for a week wouldn't you still enjoy it? In the same way you can enjoy life even if good things end some day.
>>
>>18298209
>>I feel you are suffering because you are trying to make or keep things certain way....
>>To me thinking it this way helps: Imagine that you could have an awesome...

That makes a lot of sense. I do always go back to the times almost 2 years ago when I was a lot more confident, before I started university. I had fallen for this girl, my first love. I felt like a man. I talked and fucked the way I wanted without worries. Now im sad that I lost all that and living in the past.

That is a very healthy way of looking at it. It will all end someday so look forward instead of backwards.

Thank you for your post, you didnt write a quick comment but you were really thoughtful. I really appreciate that.
>>
>>18298431
Glad to help. Good luck.
>>
>>18298191
the guy says he loves film and wants to make his own movies, but the most obscure director he finds as an inspiration is fucking wes anderson. I don't say that he has to be a hipster and know weird shit, but if he really loved cinema he'd at least mention some older american director or japanese/european one. his favourite movies are seth rogen movies and jim carry comedies, for fucks sake.

To be honest I love the way he portrays himself and I wish him the best, but he isn't an intellectual at all, god bless his soul. Still his message of just be yourself altho stereotypical it is really good, as he's some regular ass kid that loved to rhyme and somehow got to the point in which he can do anything he fucking wants artistically.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.