[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male modeling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Anyone have experience doing catalog modeling?

I'm a 23 year old 5'9 guy with an attractive face, occasionally through the past couple of years i've been told i could model by couple of girls i was with, a photographer(gave me his number) and my brother. I assume they don't know what they're talking about but it made me think, could i? I think i look attractive but im pretty much scared of trying out and being blatantly rejected.

I feel like by the end of this year i must pay to get photos done and try being a catalog model so i'll know for sure if it was possible for me to or not.

I just feel too nervous to try and get laughed at. Could anyone give me any advice or opinion ?
>>
>>18297872
>5'9
LMAO
>>
>>18297883
literal midgets run Hollywood height is of no concern here

stop being a bitch and do it
>>
>>18298014
Nah, reason Hollywood is full of manlets is it makes for good framing with women who are around 5'4", which is like the average for leading ladies (some as short as 5'1", maybe shorter). Female models are often at least 5'10", male models actually don't have to have a great height difference but a couple inches taller is ideal. Depending on the designer/brand/product they're pushing, they want a certain silhouette. You might get into portrait modeling or commercials, but not runway or full body ads.
>>
>>18297883
It's very easy to manipulate someone's height in photography, with and without digital photo manipulation. Height isn't everything, you know.
>>
>>18298027
You just proved my point idk what you were trying to accomplish with that post
>>
>>18298077
I just helped narrow down the types of modeling OP could do and explained why height isn't as big an issue in Hollywood.
>>
Actual fashion insider here.

Long story short - you're too short. Sorry, better luck next life. Take my word for it. Almost all significant agencies require their male models to be at least 6'1, and to be scouted by age 16-17.

So yeah, you'll get rejected unfortunately. Don't take that as meaning you're unattractive; you're just not marketable.
>>
>>18298038

>Height isn't everything, you know

It really is though, particularly in guys.
>>
If you're in your 20's and haven't been scouted yet, its not for you.
>>
>>18298014
>>18298027
Hollywood is not modeling. Actors aren't models. You MUST be over 5'11 to be a male model. That means some hollywood actors could be models, and others could not despite their good looks, assuming they weren't otherwise famous. My 6'1 brother has done modeling, I, at 5'9, would never find a gig. Ever.

>mom worked in fashion for 25 years
>brother did a little modeling when he was younger
>>
File: putin-laughing.jpg (39KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
putin-laughing.jpg
39KB, 361x500px
>>18297883
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.