[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my need for affection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2f7.jpg (27KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
27KB, 601x508px
I've kind of already accepted I'm probably going to be single for a long, long time if not forever. But lately I've been feeling pretty down. I kinda wish I had someone who would take care of me and I could reciprocate. How do I stop feeling the need to have someone who loves me?
>>
Almost 30 here, and have pretty much gone my entire life without any sort of fulfilling affection. Have lived by myself for years, and grew up with a disfunctional family.

Don't own guns. There are time when the crushing loneliness and despair make you seriously and calmly contemplate killing yourself. There are times when you feel like you're pretty much used to being alone though. Then, someone will come along and tease you with the idea that affection is something that you can recieve from another human, and it will break you like they can never understand when they cut you off.

All in all, life could be better, but it could also be worse. There are worse things than just surviving with an empty feeling of pointlessness.
>>
You can't. You're human.
>>
>>18297429
Thanks man. It mostly happens when I get sick it seems. I try not to think about it but I live alone and have no friends. There's little to distract myself with. I just wish I had someone to tell me everything is going to be okay and give me some physical affection. Sucks knowing I'll never have that. Still trying to cope.
>>
>>18297429
Shit like this almost makes me thankful I'm in "unskilled" blue-collar work.

Same situation, essentially, difference is probably the teammates I work with, the affirmation in a physical environment. But it doesn't have great career prospects.
>>
I can't even bring myself to eat today it just sucks. I feel so lonely.
>>
>>18297436
I agree that the worst times are when you get sick. It's truly a feeling of hopeless loneliness. Pull through, brother.
>>
We're in the same boat buddy. Don't worry about not having any friends, mine are all settling down and having kids and getting married and only have time for me 4 times a year, which just reminds me how pathetic my life is compared to theirs. I really think I'd be better off without them.
>>
>>18297418
The only way to stop feeling the need to have someone to love is to be able to love yourself. Once you figure out how to do that, with luck, will meet someone who might just appreciate you, the way you figured out how to yourself.

tip: Don't stop learning how to love yourself even after you find this person. Just got dumped after a 5 year relationship because i got comfortable and forgot how to take care of myself.
>>
>>18297914
Im a terrible man how do i love myself ?
>>
>>18297940
>Im a terrible man how do i love myself ?

Change.
>>
>>18297943
This is some lazy ass platitudinous advice. Fuck I'm mad.
>>
>>18297959

We don't know what you value as "good", so we can't tell you what to become.

We don't know why you live alone and have no friends, so we can't tell you what to fix.

We can't tell you specificallyy what to do. All we can tell you is that YOU have to give your life meaning. How? Up to you, mate.
>>
>>18297959
you could start by changing how incredibly petty and pathetic you are

or keep lashing out at the anonymous people giving you advice while you loudly complain about how awful a person you are like a complete fuck. the only person here invested in your future is yourself bud
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.