[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help /pol/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (9KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 245x206px
> Talk to GF about transgenderism

> She thinks it's okay.

> I tell her I think it's a mental illness (because it is).

> She says the mental illness is a by-product of society not accepting transgenderism

> Get in a big fight.

What hurt me the most is that she doesn't need to believe what I need to believe because she can have her own opinion because she's not my piece of property. I tried to explain to her that if we have fundamental differences about pretty much everything, then we are incompatible.

Honestly pol, we just got in a fight a few weeks ago too about God. She knows God plays a vital role in my life yet came out, in a public setting, and sided with someone else that there was no God. We had talked about it before, but privately, and she was still 50/50. She's not really the SJW-y type but she has in the past year or two become best friends with a 300 lbs SJW girl who dates another 350 lbs man who sits and plays WOW all day. This is her "best friend."

She was a bit of a roastie before we got together (had sex with 25+ people) but I put that aside because she wasn't a coal burner. We've been dating for 5+ years and we have a house and thank God, NO kids.

what would you do?
>>
File: 1455432811883.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455432811883.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>She was a bit of a roastie before we got together (had sex with 25+ people)
>>
Just to be clear, I wouldn't have been so mad about her not believing God if she had told me privately that she didn't. Her blindsiding me is what gets me. She doesn't understand the "team" concept.
>>
>>18297197

Yeah she's overweight too. Gained 40-50+ since we've been together.

And she doesn't give head. And acts like handjobs or anything not sex is a chore.
>>
>>18297198
Being in a serious relationship with a fucking non believer. C'mon OP, this can't last.
>>
>>18297209

Look, the universe is infinite and I'm willing to accept that other people think we got here by something else other than a higher being. But that still doesn't mean I don't believe in God, and I don't judge others for not believing God.

Like I said, what gets me is the fact that she blindsided me PUBLICLY in front of other people. 5+ years. She just doesn't get the concept of team in a relationship.
>>
>>18297241
Oh, I mistook you for a man of Christ.
>>
>>18297196
The only interesting thing in your story is how very very upset you are. Your post virtually screams "I feel very insecure in a world I can't completely control, and wish everything I disapprove of would just go away." And that says more about you than your girlfriend.

So there are transgenders out there. In what possible way does their existence impinge on the quality of your life, that you should feel so strongly against them, and be so threatened by someone more tolerant of them?

The same is true of every other point-of-argument you cite. It is perfectly healthy for you to have opinions on any subject. It is NOT normal to be so very threatened by the fact that others may disagree with you.
>>
>>18297282

> The only interesting thing in your story is how very very upset you are. Your post virtually screams "I feel very insecure in a world I can't completely control, and wish everything I disapprove of would just go away." And that says more about you than your girlfriend.

I'm upset because not because anything to do with the transgender debate, but because it's taken me 5 years to see that we have fundamental differences.

> So there are transgenders out there. In what possible way does their existence impinge on the quality of your life, that you should feel so strongly against them, and be so threatened by someone more tolerant of them?

I don't feel threatened. A transgender is still an equal person as anybody else. However, no serious medical journal, association or publication says transgenderism is anything BUT a mental disorder aka gender dysmorphia... which falls under a PSYCHIATRIC condition. Not physical.

> The same is true of every other point-of-argument you cite. It is perfectly healthy for you to have opinions on any subject. It is NOT normal to be so very threatened by the fact that others may disagree with you.

So you're talking about God, I assume? We had been dating for 5+ years and talked about it 1v1. She made her stance known she was 50-50, but in either case she was a very Godly person. But then out in public, FROM LEFT FIELD, she all of the sudden doesn't believe in God and completely bashes me?

Again, that goes to the team thing. I'm not mad she doesn't believe in God. I am a little mad she ignores the science behind the mental disorder we call transgenderism. I'm mad that we have fundamental differences but after 5 years + house, what should I do?
>>
File: IMG_3845.jpg (115KB, 720x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3845.jpg
115KB, 720x520px
>>18297196
>I need your help /pol/
>on /adv/
>>
>>18297343

It got moved.

I had originally posted it on /pol/
>>
>>18297338
I'm not the Anon whose post you're arguing with here. But the fact that your response was to argue does seem to give some support to his ideas.
>>
>>18297338
>...not mad she doesn't believe in God. I am a little mad she ignores the science...

Fucking kek.
>>
>>18297422

There's no conflict between God and science. Even the smartest man in the world, Chris Langan, believes that. It's not like I'm saying I think we can pray transgenderism away. Or that I think the earth is 5,000 years old.

To live a life through God, it is true that I need to accept all for who they are, and that includes transgenders. But in order to accept who they are, you would then have to accept the science behind it that shows transgenders have a much higher rate of mental illness both pre-transgenderism and post, and it has been concluded by any serious medical publication that transgenderism aka gender dysphoria is a PSYCHIATRIC issue which is the medical specialty for the diagnosis, prevention, study, and treatment of MENTAL (not physical) disorders.

By ignoring this fact, I believe, everyone is worse off, including transgenders. Did you know 90% of post-op transgenders regret their decision? There's a reason for that, and it's because whether it's pre or post-op, they eventually get the help they need to help manage their mental illness.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.