[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Rage.jpg (5KB, 300x111px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.jpg
5KB, 300x111px
So, some backstory is required:

I friggin' love my job! I've been working it for a bout 2 years now an everyday is still an absolute joy but I have 1 major issue with it: I have an underpayed "apprenticeship-contract" the kind of contract that are for beginners in the field.
Usually one of those contracts are for 6 months and then you get upgraded to the real full-time contract.

but for me the company just gave me a renewal of the same deal for another 6 months, and then another 6 months and then another 6 months: I'm now on my 5th round of 6 month "apprentice "entry level" - contract" and it pays shit!!

By now I am atleast as good as any of my co-workers at this job but they make more or less double of what I make doing the same thing!

Anyways to the pressig issue:
The reason behind them not giving me the full time-contract has been accoring to my boss "Unfortunately hiring another person isn't in the budget" but we've had 2 people quit in the passed few months and I was hoping that "now!" the budget would exist so when my current contract expires they will have to hire me!

Well last week they hired 2 new guys from outside the fucking company!!!!

So I am now on the warpath, I need to send an angry e-mail to my boss.

What do I write?
>>
just butter him slowly and keep it light,keep buttering your way up

anything angry is stupid and unprofessional
>>
>>18296541
He knows you love the job and is stupid enough to work for low pay. He won't change your situation because he profits from you.
>>
Write your letter of resignation. Find another job in this field now that you have the experience. I was in the same position as you are. My new job is a little more relaxed and I make $5/hour more than my last job. I got hired at my new company and quit my old job the day I got hired. Let me tell you that there's not a better feeling than doing that to your boss.
>>
Don't write an email, say it to him, express your grievance you have every right
>>
>>18296545
Well, there is a difference between angry and unprofessional.

I consider this action disrespectful towards me!
He knows my goal, I told him everytime it's time for an extenstion:
>"I want the fulltime-contract"
>"We're working on it but for now I can only offer an extension"
>"whatever get's me there i guess"
Very Paraphrased
>>
>>18296648
Well It's allready sent now but it wasn't that angry.

I just pretty much asked for a straight answer of were I am in the process of getting the full-time contract, is it even a realistic goal? Am I wasting my time?

Also very paraphrased
>>
>>18296640
I don't think it'll be that easy... I'm a rollercoaster engineer.. spots are rare as balls and when there ar eopen spots people from all over the world applies.

I was lucky getting in this first time, now I've established myself there, now I just have to get the final blow in for it to becoma a career you know.
>>
OP, from one engineer to another, if my boss pulled that shit, I would walk out of the door. You are an intelligent human being that survived engineering in college. You are not a doormat!

You told him your goal and worked at the level of apprentice for 2.5 years, while doing much more than asked of an apprentice. Then he hires not one but two outsiders that still need to be trained. Yeah dude can go fuck himself. I'll go work for myself before I let someone take advantage of me.

You don't understand how much these situations piss me off.

I was in your position during college and had people legitimately offering me a position before I got anywhere close to graduating.

Leave that company, they don't value you. Also go move somewhere that is in need of a Rollercoaster engineer, or an engineer in general.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.