[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get someone to understand depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6208.jpg (95KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6208.jpg
95KB, 804x802px
I've been feeling extremely depressed again and I even have symptoms of depression. I haven't been able to digest my food well or sleep properly. I had this exact issue when I was 15. My head hurts and I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. I can't really get wet anymore and sex hurts a lot. It makes my boyfriend so mad at me and he is now accusing me of sleeping with other men. I try explaining to him how I'm feeling but he doesn't see eye to eye. It's caused him to fight and be stressful to me like fighting over petty stuff like what to eat for dinner or me playing video games with coworkers online. I try to tell him this is hurting me but he acts like he isn't doing anything wrong. Has anyone dealt with something like this? Even with a parent?

I plan on seeing a therapist soon.
>>
File: ee4.png (1MB, 1194x891px) Image search: [Google]
ee4.png
1MB, 1194x891px
Stop being depressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZCZkekxxg
>>
>>18296341
Thanks I'll be sure to retweet this video !!
:D my third eye is open!
>>
>>18296353
sarcasm?
>>
Lots of love to you OP, wish I knew what depression was like, but you should tell your boy friend what is going on. If he was your friend as much as he seems to be your lover, he will stick with you to the end.
>>
>>18296358
Yes dear. Sorry but I'm not faking it if that's what you're trying to say..
If anything I was diagnosed when I was 15.

>>18296360
Thank you. That's exactly what I think. I just want his support but I don't think he actually understands what to do. He just goes "what do I do to make you happy? What should I buy??!" Do therapist give people advice about this stuff?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7e3ePmVAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79msxNyIMc
>>
>>18296326
I sent my boyfriend a video by TedED about depression when I had my last bad crisis. It explain things very simply.
For someone who has never been depressed it might be hard to understand the symptoms. It's not a lack of love.
>>
>>18296326
>feeling extremely depressed again and I even have symptoms of depression.

Feeling depressed isn't a symptom of depression?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bdevGClD4
>>
>>18296326
two thoughts, either or both may be valid...

maybe he understands but can't relate. I know what addiction to drugs is but can't relate to it. when I think of a druggie, I think, "why don't they just stop?" I just don't relate to the uncontrollable desire to put some foreign substance in my body.

secondly, he may not understand how _you_ could be depressed. he probably thinks highly of you and probably can't understand why you'd be depressed. you're probably the object of his love and desire.

as far as sex, you could always just give him really good oral sex to climax. and be happy to do it, I'll say it... work the head and swallow with a smile. perhaps giving him so much pleasure will make you feel happier.
>>
break up with him i understand bb i respect women
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.