[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runnin away and joining the texas rangers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/.
>Be me. 21 y/o M
>Take shit job after high school. Was Homeschooled all the way until I joined my community college a year after.
>Doing very well in school, working shit job to pay for it though. Go through 50,000 ideas about what I want to be when I grow up.
>Start fucking up in school for no good reason. I've failed two math classes this semester and withdrawn from a history class because I am undisciplined as fuck. I can't focus.
>Can't tell if depressed or some shit.
>Ruining my excellent GPA.
>Fuck.
>Seriously thinking about joining the U.S. Navy to fix my stupid ass and get myself out of this whole "work a stupid job to pay for school while having no idea what to do with your life" thing.
I'm bored and need a change/challenge/ass-kicking.
Thoughts? I'm lost as a person and need a change. I need to redeem myself, to myself.
I'd prefer feedback from any millitary bros if possible, but all is appreciated.
Thanks /adv/.
>>
Bump
>>
join the military. paying your own money for community college is a chump idea. college in america is a chump idea in general. meanwhile you can paid now by enlisting and get free college. were i you id join the navy or air force. with trump in office you cant go wrong
>>
>>18296015
trump being in office makes joining the military bad because you'll actually risk your life doing something instead of just getting a paycheck

also im too out of shape for any service im pretty sure
>>
>>18296023
I don't, like, care anon.
I'm tired of being a parasite to my parents and not being able to be independent.
>>
>>18296034
what the fuck are you talking about

stop being a jerk
>>
>>18295903
So, what do you want to do?
Being undisciplined in classes could be your subconscious saying "fuck this shit is boring, bro, let's find something satisfying"

Don't sign yourself up for something that's going to suck up another couple years if you're not really sure where you want to go.
Take off a semester or two and work some minimum wage job, or just go to classes part time.
Screw around with hobbies, get some perspective, learn why retail is shit and get opinions on the world.

I'm not bashing homeschooling entirely, but everyone I've met who has been homeschooled always has... gaps, I guess is the best word, in their world-view. Book-smart, usually, but not street-smart, so to speak.

There's no point in floundering aimlessly through college racking up debt. And don't worry about the GPA so much. Unless you're aiming for a place with super high standards, most places are happy enough to see the diploma. They want someone who can learn on the job and think on their feet and adapt, and a diploma shows them you can finish something. I've seen 4.0s get rejected because they can't communicate or do anything but regurgitate textbooks answers, and 2.0s get picked up because they demonstrate awareness and enthusiasm.

tl;dr, do some soul searching. Ain't gotta be nothing big like climbing a mountain. A cold beer and a late night on a porch watching stars alone can do wonders for the mind.
>>
>>18296037
What I mean is I don't necessarily care if I risk my life aboard some boat somewhere. I feel like an idiot for being a parasite my parents. They put up with a lot of my shit and it makes me unhappy to acknowledge.
I'm not being a dick to you anon, as I am disappointed in myself.
I'll take any and all advice, so I apologize for my edgy tone.
And everyone is out of shape. Go run or something dude. They will take you if you're out of shape, but not if you're ill in some way.
>>18296038
The "gaps" thing is a big part of it. I have them.
I don't know how to identify them, because if I did, I would know how to fix them.
But I feel like the military could help me to become better as a person. It would help me to grow and in ways beyond the financial.
>>
>>18296053
i dont want to get into shape but i want to jion military!!
>>
>>18295903
>rags
>>
>>18296126
Say W'hut?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.