[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give up on anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1493605410748.jpg (450KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493605410748.jpg
450KB, 1000x900px
>Be 24
>Major Otaku (room filled with anime figures and posters)
>Live by myself
>Never had a girlfriend

Is it time for me grow up and stop being a weeb?
>>
>Go outside
>meet grils
>find out they're not internet-phobic anymore like the 90s

Watch anime while you walk uphill on a treadmill. If you've got hours to burn but don't want to spend it all on anime, spend some of it on watching instructional youtube videos to learn the skill of your choice.
>>
File: 1491972122076.png (185KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1491972122076.png
185KB, 419x398px
>>18295566
Best place to meet girls? Ever since graduating from college and working full time my exposure to girls have went down dramatically.

Doesn't help that many girls work in the engineering field
>>
>>18295560
I don't think you need to completely give up on watching anime. If you have a simple hobby like that and you're not ashamed or embarrased about it then you're good.

I do have to point out though that when a simple hobby starts to become an obsession then it WILL freak some people out, no matter what it is.

It is OKAY to talk to a girl about an episode you saw last week or tell her about some new show you found. Don't however bring up the anime topics too often if she isn't a big fan of anime like yourself. She respects the fact that you have a life and hobbies of your own, but she won't like it if you always rub it on her face.

If you plan to have friends/girlfriend come over then keep the anime stuff at a minimum. You can have a few dvd's and mangas here and there. I'd recommend selling your figurine and posters or but them away.
>>
Move to Japan and get a weeb gf
>>
>>18295560
Like others here have said it is okay to like and watch anime but you should tone down the memorabilia so people don't know how deep it goes.

I have a single anime poster and admit to being a weeb but I also have other interests and women seem to respect that.
>>
Just wait a little bit longer, anime will become real and everything will be okay.
>>
>>18295629
>>18295660
makes sense. I guess I have to tone down a bit and become a bit more "normal". Its part of growing up I guess...

>>18295649
I wish mate
>>
>>18295684
how about you stop idealizing women
i genuinely dont understand the concept of
>im lonely! i want a gf! thatll fix things

nigger fix yourself
and that doesnt mean
>guess i have to throw out everything i like because i think its degenerate
it means learning to just like yourself and be alone
and then you'll realize you have that when you become completely apathetic towards relationships
>>
>>18295560
Yes its time to grow up. Watching anime once in a while is ok but to have it as a "hobby" is pathetic. Take up some productive hobbies that add to your life
>>
What's your favorite anime? Mine is Samurai Champloo ^_^
>>
3D women are NOT

important.
>>
>>18295560
I'm 25 and have been a major otaku for 5 years. During that time I've had 2 girlfriends. One didn't like anime, knew that I did, didn't care and never talked with me about it. The other was even more into anime and manga than I am and was a borderline fujo. Also super hot and from China and ended up being a bitch.

Moral of the story is, there are girls who like anime. Or don't like it, but don't care if you do. Don't change yourself trying to get a meaningless status like "have a girlfriend", find someone who likes you for who you are.
>>
File: IMG_7264.jpg (33KB, 379x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7264.jpg
33KB, 379x389px
>be 31
>have wife
>LL! nendoroid comes in the mail tomorrow

You don't have to change what you like
>>
>>18296048
You are very lucky anon
>>
>>18295949
>>18296048
How the fuck did you find them, did they reveal their powerlevel from the beginning or did it happen to reveal itself after dating for a while

Genuinely curious
>>
>>18296580
Not him but I also like anime/manga and it was never a fucking issue. Just like with any other type of passive entertainment, you only reveal as much details as the other person cares about.

If they ask what you do this evening and it's catching up on some series, just say it. If she shows more interest, keep talking more about it. If she doesn't, just leave it at that. As long you don't go full otaku only people who clearly don't give a fuck you're fine. Obviously assuming you also have actual hobbies.
>>
>>18295560
It's not the anime.
>>
Find qt to watch anime with. 2 birds 1 stone.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.