[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something is missing from my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: ultralight beam.jpg (85KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
ultralight beam.jpg
85KB, 761x800px
Something seems to be amiss in my life, but I don't know what. I broke myself out of depression a few years ago, and I have been striving to be a complete person since then, or at least as complete as possible. I'm gonna try to boil down my character real quick (male 20 btw):

Pros:

>athletic
>creative, aspiring hobby-musician
>a variety of friends, some closer some not so much
>decent relationship with family as of recently (father excepted I guess)
>adept at most things I try
>great job considering I don't have any higher formal education
>kinda smart and intellectual I guess, grew up reading a lot and still do
>good at maths and other logical tasks
>can apply for pretty much any education in my country
>kind of have a plan for the future

Cons:

>unstable confidence
>not very attractive desu, but i've gotten occasional sexual attention
>lonely
>don't always feel good around people
>bad relationship with father, mother is a disappointment to the whole family but I still can't help to like her as my mother
>never been loved by anyone except my mother. little brothers are also cool though i guess
>kissless gf-less virgin
>have a deep, stupid aversion to girls because I have been hurt before
>kind of don't have a plan for the future

I'm usually "fine" but seldom happy, and never satisfied.

any advice in general or for anything specific /adv/? Even if not, thanks for reading!
>>
What are your ambitions in life? Your craziest and perfect dreams?
Maybe you should start thinking about that and start trying to complete your ambitions
>>
>>18295352
You need to do like maybe 2 different things.

1. You should find your "calling" or whatever to drive your ambitions. Something like traveling or writing a music EP or something. This will aid in your quest for satisfaction.

2. Get laid. Once you have #1 down you will come off as more attractive to the ladies. I tend to get attention and sex when I'm not really looking for it.
>>
File: tricksy wizard mtg.jpg (27KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
tricksy wizard mtg.jpg
27KB, 375x523px
>>18295361
>I like the idea of this approach, but I can't really give good answer to the question of my dreams or wildest ambitions. I guess my biggest ambition right now is to learn as much about the world as possible, to partake in as many aspects of life as possible.

And I guess I'm kinda doing that right now. I try to develop new interests or advance in already established interests all the time. I've been thinking about this, and I guess what I aspire to is the idea of a "renaissance man". To be skilled in as many areas as possible in other words.
>>
File: my girlfriend.jpg (27KB, 440x418px) Image search: [Google]
my girlfriend.jpg
27KB, 440x418px
>>18295367

>1. You should find your "calling" or whatever to drive your ambitions. Something like traveling or writing a music EP or something. This will aid in your quest for satisfaction.

But I find something new I want to pursue constantly, I can't stick to one thing. This is both my greatest strength and weakness I guess.

>2. Get laid. Once you have #1 down you will come off as more attractive to the ladies. I tend to get attention and sex when I'm not really looking for it.

I'm sure you are right, and I have been trying to for sure but it's really not working for me. I'd say there are two things in particuilar that hinder me.

-I'm apprehensive when it comes to approaching girls I'm attracted to because I fear rejection and have past experiences that hurt me really bad and I'm not proud of

-I have a romantic idea in my head of finding that one girl that will fix everything, that will be the one for me.
>>
>>18295395
Once you get #1 figured out you will realize that there is no magic person to solve your life besides YOU!

Until then just do your thing until something feels right, and don't give up just because life gets rough.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.