[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on tattoos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0060.jpg (74KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0060.jpg
74KB, 600x713px
What is your opionion on people with tattoos? Do you think theyre nice if done well? (pic related) or are most people against them? (social stigma)
>>
>>18295075
I think they always look awful and will immediately have a bad impression on someone who has them.
>>
I live in a place where they're so common that I don't really have a set opinion on "people with tattoos". I'm not against them, people should do whatever they want, I'm used to the look.

Still I dislike most. There's so much stuff that can go wrong. Apart from the obvious stuff like getting a bad tattoo, I feel that tattoos that are too perfect look tryhard and are hard to pull off, and a lot of stuff I just don't particularly like. Hyperrealistic faces, for example - can you imagine trying to have sex with someone then making eye contact with the fake face on their body? No thanks.
>>
>>18295075
Lad here

My honest opinion is no, i dont like tattoo's period.
The only exceptions i make are the small one's with meaning to them, like a loved one that passed away or something you got with your squad while on tour of duty.
Vanity tattoo's are unappealing to me, more so on women than men.
>>
If it's small and not immediately noticeable, I'm okay with like 2 maximum
>>
I think girls can look cute with tattoos, but it largely depends on the tattoos. Some things are just super trashy, especially in certain areas like your tailbone or something.
>>
I personally think they look trashy, however if you are hell bent on getting one, get a small one in a place that is easily covered up. That way, you do not offend anyone from a job perspective or even a future loved one.
>>
>>18295075
They're ok. I don't really like them anywhere but on the arms though. When it's all over your neck, back, legs etc. and plainly visible I just can't get into it, sorry.
>>
"body art" tattoos seem fine

the small "just anything" tattoos in hidden places that people get to show rebellion against their parents are big signs that someone's a dolt
>>
Generally, I don't care. Even crazy face tattoos I don't mind. I'd never get a tattoo, usually at most I'd see someone's tattoo and think "good luck getting a job." But it's also their body, who cares.

The exception is if your tattoo is of something particularly retarded that I'd dislike you for associating with regardless of how. This is in the eye of the beholder, but still, be careful what you want to broadcast about yourself to everyone.
>>
File: IMG_0864.jpg (1MB, 2768x1560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0864.jpg
1MB, 2768x1560px
>>18295075
What's up, elite ThenX athletes, it's Chris Heria!

Tattoos are shit, but as with about anything in life, there are a few chosen that can wear them with style.
>>
File: 1494205386712673857337.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1494205386712673857337.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>18295075
I love tattoos. I currently have 3. Will be getting more. I love them on women and think it makes them hotter. As long as the tattoos themselves are done by an expert. I have seen horrible tattoos that are disgusting to look at. I've seen this tattoo on this girl that said this bitch belongs to:. Then it had six names on it, 5 of them from the top towards the bottom crossed out. That is not hot. That is dreadful.
>>
Reading this thread makes me feel vindicated that I don't have a tattoo despite everyone constantly pressuring me to get one (my cousins are tattoo artists)
>>
>>18295075
Get it done if you like them.

Why do you care what we Think? It's your tattoo, not ours.
>>
>>18295075
I see people with tattoos as shallow people with so bland lives they have to mark themselves to stand out from others.

>not really i dont fucking care
I prefer girls without tattoo. The tattooed ones are more likely crazy.
>>
>>18295075
>What is your opionion on people with tattoos?
Why would anyone sane include tattoos as criteria to judge a person unless it's something that obviously indicates something like a full face tattoo?

>Do you think theyre nice if done well?
Sure but I rarely seen anything I found nice. Pic related is boring as fuck and doesn't improve anything. Overall I am pretty indifferent towards them but slightly leaning to the "lack of them looks better" side.

>>18295310
Now that's decent.
>>
>>18295093
This. Don't get a tatoo BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD -> beauty fades away with your taste evolving
>>
>>18295851
You're an idiot

You should get a tattoo that you like, thats the only qualification.
Even if your likes changed you're still able to look back and go "thats what i was into when i was that age, huh, cool."

Tattoo whatever you want to yourself to be honest. thats my vibe
obviously you can go too far but if you don't go crazy with tattoos EVERYWHERE and just have stuff you like on you thats fine

The 4chan people on here that hate on tattoos are cringe
>>
>>18295075

I'm covered in tattoos and was part owner of a tattoo shop for a few years. I love the art and everything about them but tattoos, much like literally very other fashion/adornment on the planet can be done in a trashy, unappealing manner.

I don't think kids should get visible ones. Whenever 18 year olds would come into my shop asking for hands or neck tattoos I would flat out refuse and yeah they'd get pissy but a tattoo is a serious commitment and anyone who wants a visible tattoo or "job killers" as we call them in the shop, should be comfortable in their career.

I knew I never wanted an office job. I've never had once in my life and I've always found my way around and I do very well for myself. I've always worked for myself and my tattoos have never been an issue. I've met great people with tattoos and terrible people with tattoos and I think people who immediately judge someone with a tattoo is just participating in some middle school bully superiority complex horseshit. There is no reason to denigrate people you don't know for having preferences you don't unless there's something insecure in you. I don't give a shit who likes my tattoos. I live my life the way I want and look the way I want and I've molded my life and work ethic around those tenants.

Having a tattoo doesn't make you bad anymore than not having one makes you good. If you don't want it, don't get it, but going out of your way to shame people for them is just silly. This is the way I look and I like it, it brings me joy to look at them. I'm not sure why people try so hard to take that joy away from me, honestly.
>>
>>18295858
>you're still able to look back and go "thats what i was into when i was that age, huh, cool."
Depending on how much the likes changed, it can easy turn into a lot of cringing and removal attempts too.

>>18295861
>I'm not sure why people try so hard to take that joy away from me, honestly.
Well, you noted it yourself, the people who have to do it have their own issues and try to forget by focusing on others attempting to make them just as insecure as they are.
>>
>>18295861
I can tell by your bitchy screed that you totally don't give a shit what people think. When I don't give a shit about something, I too go into excruciating detail about it.

Tattoos are lame, and people with them are gigantic sensitive pussies.
>>
>>18295898
Just a fence sitter here. You still want to defend your point of view - somehow that's not caring what other people think.

Ok.
>>
>>18295898
>"excruciating detail"
Lol. Either you or or your reading level is that of a 14 y.o..
>>
>>18295898
do you have the 'tism
>>
>>18295075
hot af in moderation
>>
>>18295898

>When I don't give a shit about something, I too go into excruciating detail about it. Pretty straight forward.

The thread was called "Whats your opinion on tattoos" and I gave my opinion.

I won't ever let other people's opinions influence my choices or the way I decide to look but that doesn't mean that when insecure people go out of their way to generalize me or make me feel bad about myself for no reason that it doesn't affect me. I'm not made of stone.

Yeah, unpleasant interactions with unpleasant people such as yourself sometimes irritates me but that doesn't mean I care about what they think.

Sorry my response triggered you so much. You seem super upset by my position and I'm not sure why. I thought I was being pretty reasonable but I guess even then you were desperate to try to find some way to tear me down. Thats real sad, dude.
>>
I know people like to say that you shouldn't care what others think. That's kinda true. You should do your own thing. That being said, most young people like me (and probably you, too) are at the mercy of more experienced people to give us jobs and shit. Depending on the air you have about you, tattoos are probably more of a hindrance than anything else. If you like tribal stuff, fine. Keep it where it's hidden in work clothes and you'll be fine. Exposed sleeves and the like are probably going to make you look trashy unless you're either A) Already established at whatever you do. Or B) Genuinly don't give a fuck about how other people view you, and consequently don't give a fuck about getting decent jobs.
Don't get ghetto shit like neck tattoos or anything on your fucking head, and you'll probably be fine. Just know that tattoos DO look bad to LOTS of people.
Do know that that stigma is fading away, but I would stay away from crazy shit until you're not at the mercy of baby boomer fucks who think tattoos are always bad.
My personal opinion is this....
Tribals are stupid because you probably have no relation to actual tribal people. It makes you look like a thoughtless, uncreative dipshit who just wants to be different. Get something original at least.
Anyway, I hope I helped.
>>
I've never seen a tattoo that I thought looked good. I associate them with general trashiness.
>>
>>18295946

>I associate them with general trashiness.

May I ask why?
>>
>>18295984
I guess most trashy people I've met have had tattoos and most people with tattoos I've met have been trashy. Or at the very least "basic" type people following trends now that tattoos are the norm.
>>
>>18295861
>dude some people are nice and some arent you know lol
>dude im just following my own path man and i think you should follow urs 2 lol
>just b urself
great advice anon that was a really good post

>>18295898
fucking kek
>>
>>18296282
its almost like full grown adults are better than you at thinking things through and analyzing life

You're being petty for no reason, like whats the issue
>>
>>18295075
>social stigma
there's social stigma for a reason
>>
I don't like how they look. When I see one feel like it should be cleaned off. I think they're nice in theory but they bother me in reality. I wouldn't date someone with tatoos for example. I'm a girl if it matters
>>
>>18296301
so you'd break up with someone for having tattoos?
:(

that seems unfair
>>
>>18296292
youre fucking retarded
>>
>>18296318
?
>>
>>18296309
Not them but I agree with pretty much everything they said. I wouldn't date someone from the beginning if they had tattoos, piercings, etc.
>>
File: 1491776382969.gif (19KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1491776382969.gif
19KB, 1680x1050px
>>18295075
When I was 18 i was stoked to get my tattoos bc I was a rebel rocker kid and edgy as fuck and i wanted people to know it. Had I known that 12 years later tattoos would be so common that more young people have them than don't, I'd never have gone for it. They aren't indicative of an alternative lifestyle or being different or an individual anymore, they're just a part of being with the cool kids. If you want a tattoo to be trendy or show your gang allegiance, go for it. If you want a tattoo for any other reason, that ship has sailed.

I keep mine covered unless in a VERY casual setting. I see my ink as ways to be judged superficially by others, and i'd rather get to know people first so they don't make assumptions about me. Ironically, that superficial judgement was exactly what i wanted as an 18 year old. Funny how we change.

That said, I don't regret my tats at all and they remind me of the person I once was, and it warms my heart with nostalgia and eye-rolling
>>
>>18296362
how would you even tell if they had tattoos
and why are you so against it
you're making me sad
>>
>>18296371
You ask them lol. I get to know people very well as friends before I'd consider dating them. I just don't like them and they turn me off. Don't be sad though, I'd say most people are probably fine with tattoos. So many people have them nowadays anyways.
>>
>>18296382
but i want to date you
its not fair
I'm legitimately torn up about this
i dont understand why you'd hat them so much it feels like you hate me
and i dont want to date the kind of girls that are "into" tattoos anyway

mine arent even that bad

do you think of me as an inferior human being?

is that all i am...?
or do you think im less than human
it just seems so superficial to judge someone like that
its just not fair
>>
>>18296370
lmao at your life
>>
>>18296391
I can't tell if joking anymore...
>>
>>18295075
cool and gay
>>
I've been told getting a tattoo is therapeutic. What does that even mean?
>>
>>18295075
A good rule of thumb when it comes to tattoos is pick a design, wait 5 years and then if you still want it, then you can inquire about one.

Also don't cheap out on it. From what I've been told good ones can Get really expensive.
eg: I worked with a guy that has a really detailed sleeve and it cost him 10k over 5 years. Looked good but was expensive.
>>
They are indicative of millennial herd mentality. The idea of being unique and edgy when it's the exact opposite. It's particularly egregious when it's a young woman. Congratulations, basic bar bitch, you just insured that you will be slinging drinks your entire life. You always want to keep the option of "marrying up." Added to this, there is nothing more repulsive than a woman with huge ham arms with tats, or thick legs with all this shit on them.
>>
>>18296804
>pick a design, wait 5 years
There is no need to wait half a decade to get a tattoo. Although you are right that tattoos should not be an impulse decision.

>Also don't cheap out on it.
This is true. When you're getting a piece of art that will be on your body forever, it is not the time to get cheap. Although it's very important that people not confuse expensive with good. Just because an artist is charging you up the ass, does not mean their work is of the highest quality.

It amazes me how much time and effort people put into coming up with a concept for a tattoo, while spending almost no time looking into the artist that's going to put it on their body.
>>
>>18295075
However you argue that they cross class and social lines, they still scream Trailer Trash to me.
>>
Tats and their ridiculous proliferation are a cultural crime inflicted upon the world by Gen Xers. We started this shit, and millennials ran like crazy with it.
>>
>>18297306
That's because trailer trash are too stupid to understand decorum and don't bother covering up their tats in the appropriate settings.

I'm pretty successful within my field (mid management at a major corporation), and have plenty of ink. Chances are you'd never know it if you just met me, because I've been smart enough to never get a tattoo that I couldn't cover up easily (Nothing below the elbow, nothing above my chest), and I'm professional enough not to wear tee-shirts or shorts to work.
>>
They are too common, too trendy, too popular. Tattoos were cool when they were a mark of an outsider, when they marked those that lived outside of the mainstream lifestyle but now that everyone has a tattoo or a sleeve it isn't cool anymore.
>>
>>18297416
Doing anything just because it's "cool" is the behavior of a child. If you ever do anything just because it's cool, you need to grow the fuck up.

Anyone that EVER got a tattoo just because it's cool has done it for the wrong reasons, and should be mocked.
>>
>>18297444
Can we talk about fucking EAR GAUGES and how people get those vomit-making things JUST to be "cool?" That's the only reason. It's sad as fuck.
>>
>>18297322
are you actually dumb friend
>>
>>18297541
What excuse is there for that bullshit, then, friend? Its utter garbage. Millennial Sheeple with their pseudo-tribal circle jerk. It's gon be real cute when you're 50, snowflake.
>>
>>18297537
Oh god, those are literally the fucking worst. Tattoos can be a personal thing, and I keep mine covered up most of the time because I don't have a habitual need to let everyone know special and unique I am. Gauges are just a desperate, pathetic scream for attention.

Parents that let their 16 year old get that shit done should have their children taken away.
>>
>>18297545
>What excuse is there for that bullshit, then, friend?

I enjoy them, and the whole process is cathartic for me. That's really all the reason I need for anything. I don't get tattoos for others, or to let people know I'm rebellious or cool or unique. For me they are personal and hold meaning. I use them as markers for my journey through life. And I don't really give a shit whether other people like them or not.

>It's gon be real cute when you're 50, snowflake.

And I'm sure you'll be super fucking attractive at 50.

What the fuck do I care what I look like at 50? Who the fuck am I trying to impress at that age? If I cared that much, there's a lot of shit that I should or shouldn't be doing. I'd rather enjoy my life now though.
>>
>>18295075
>What is your opinion on people with tattoos?
Everyone I know who has tattoos either regrets the one they got, or they can't shut the fuck up about having tattoos.
Most people I know who have them got them before they turned 22, usually during university or when they got paid by their first real job.

I personally don't have tattoos, I have plenty of scars already from my childhood, vanity scars don't appeal to me.
>>
>>18295075
I have a lot of tattoos, they aren't that big of a deal usually but I'm in California

That being said, they will make you very polarizing, which can be good or bad. Women either really love them or it will turn them off, few are in between

It makes you polarizing with everyone, but it's especially true in matters of sex
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.