[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sustaining Insults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1493999767379.jpg (9KB, 720x125px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493999767379.jpg
9KB, 720x125px
I went to a vintage video game store with a friend. Was gazing at this Street Fighter cabinet machine, and asked some nearby customer "Do I have to put in coins?" He replied in a sarcastic "Yeah?, You're not from that time are you". I said "My friends dad had a cabinet, and it was modded to play right away, but no I'm not". He said "It's ok and walked away". I can't help but feel offended, I should of made a comeback, but did t have it in me. Really confused.
>>
You are majorly overreacting, or I'm missing something. He was just being a bit snarky about you being too young to remember how the machines work? Is that the whole insult?
>>
>>18295016
You just take the hit. It's not really much of an underhanded insult...
doesn't suggest you're a dumbass and what he said was true. Said in a disdainful way, sure, but that's the only thing to be offended by.

Oh, and at least he said "it's okay."
>>
>>18295037
No, that was the exact insult. What am I doing wrong that's making me feel attacked. Should I of made a comeback like "Yeah maybe I'll understand when I'm a 35 year old loser"?
>>
>>18295084
You are just insecure if a remark like this - that's unpleasant but ultimately not an attack on your character or whatever - bothers you this much. I mean that as an answer to what you're "doing wrong".

The thing is that saying that isn't a "comeback". It just shows that you can be a dick as well and that you feel offended by him. The way it went right now was actually much better. He was being a bit patronizing and you acted above that. If he's a decent fellow he felt ashamed by your response. If not there's no point anyway.
>>
>>18295047
To be fair the "it's ok" was the insult. That stupid sarcastic meme talk.
>>
>>18295016
>itt milennials with insecurity issues
Who cares he's being a prick, he's the one working bloody retail
>>
>>18295097
I didn't even think my pause of silence could if been looked at as a signal, that was smart. What do you mean theirs no point anyway? His life could be ultimately fufilling by disregarding the negativity he spread. Evil wins
>>
>>18295100
...are you the op? Well, meme or not, normalfags do say that sort of thing. It's ok has no actual insidious connotation to it. It's just ok.
>>
>>18295140
I am OP, You're saying you've never heard someone say it's ok in a patronizing tone?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.