[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my plan good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1468613058293.png (168KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1468613058293.png
168KB, 5000x5000px
I 'm 18 and wondering if my plan for the future is good. And also, what I could do to help me in certain parts.

First, I plan on going into the air force for around 2-6 years, going into some tech field. There, I'll also get all of my undergraduate/general classes out of the way, and invest a certain amount of my money, probably around 20% per month into savings, so I can reduce my student loan debt after college. Since I'm not generally a needy person, I could live with a very bland lifestyle other than a decent PC.
Afterwards, I'll go to a university and get a masters or higher in computer science, and most likely dabble into engineering and game design as well. At this time, I'll also meet colleagues who I can hopefully keep in contact with down the line. I'll also have a job in the same field as when I was in the air force to help pay off anything immediate, etc. Over the course of both uni and air force, I plan to experiment with game design, which I want to later develop into my Job/Career.
Then, I'll use my previous experience to work at startups either later in uni, or afterwards in something such as silicon valley. This is also where I'll learn about game design as an actual job hopefully. If I see success in a business venture, I'll see about investing in them.
With all of my experience and skill, I plan to work at a big name company, and build a name for myself and any colleagues on my dev team. And finally, after saving up enough money and garnering enough fame, I plan to start my own studio with my colleagues, so that I'm put in the spotlight for previous work, kind of like Hideo Kojima, and am completely unrestricted from designing my game how I want it to be made, since I'm in charge.

Thoughts?
>>
>>18294991

No need to actully read, just skimming the text I can tell you are overplanning. Prepare for the unexpected.

Also:

> I plan on going into the air force for around 2-6 years

If your plan as a 4 year margin of error, then it's a bad plan.
>>
>>18294996
So should I go for 2 years in air force, or 4? I only put it up to 6 for margin of error, but since that would be a bad idea, I'm fine with changing it.
>>
>>18294991
Gotta have a dream, but take it one step at a time. Honestly you sound autistic though.

Good luck, start learning how to program now rather than later.
>>
>>18295004

English is not your first language, right?

My point is that your plan is fundamentally wrong. You don't seem to graps how long things take, so any desicions you make right now are meaningless.

It's fine to have goals, but don't make a 10+ years plan. Go step by step and see how it goes.
>>
>>18295008
>>18295011
Alright, thanks.I know it takes time and that there'll be bumps and who knows what in the way, which means that my plans might get drastically changed, but to me, if that's what it takes, then fine. I'm just determined to achieve my dream and make it reality.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.