[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't seem to move on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1480281604479.jpg (143KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1480281604479.jpg
143KB, 1080x1349px
I met a girl in college from my major (cs) like 5-6 months ago. I found her very attractive so i just started talking to her to see if i can get anything done. The plan was to just to see if i could start dating her, and if it didn't work just move on.

5 months later i didn't accomplish anything besides creating a mental chain for myself towards her. She knows i'm in love with her, but she's not attracted towards me. There are a couple reasons why i'm still sitting around like a retard trying to change stuff about myself to see if that changes anything. 1. She does really seem to like me as a friend for some reason. She teared up when i told her that we might have to part ways since i can't afford to be friends with someone that i like so much. 2. I seem to have a little bit of impact in her decisions. She always wanted to dye her hair red, and she did not too long ago. When she asked me the inevitable "how do i look?" i told her my opinion: "you don't look good at all with red hair" Not because she actualyl looked bad with red hair, but because i fucking hate red hair. 1 week later she dyed her hair black, which was her original color.

I feel like i actually have something to work with, i just need to change a little bit of the things that she dislikes about me. Am i being dellusional? Any advice?

>inb4 you're an asshole
>>
>>18294257
You're being delusional. She obviously values your friendship but you're trying to manipulate her into loving you. Move on.
>>
>>18294257

>this is how autistic manchildren see the world
>>
>>18294315
hey at least give me some advice on how to be less of an autistic manchildren
>>
>>18294338

First, you give off a really weird vibe with 'we can't be just friends if I like you so much' but you continue to speak to her and be her friend. You basically just threw an empty 'pls date me or Ill be sad' out there and didn't follow through at all. If you hate that she won't date you then stop being her friend, there's nothing wrong with that. Tagging along like a sick puppy and hoping she will change her mind is misleading to her and just going to hurt you long term because she will genuinely think you're her friend while you're secretly hoping for her to want to date you suddenly.

Second you clearly put WAY too much stock into minor things. The fact that she re-dyed her hair for example, could have been 100's of different reasons but instead you link it to the fact that you told her you hated red hair.

You take minor events of no significance and tie large emotional attachments to them which is just a set-up for future disappointment.
>>
>>18294257

You need to let it go, you can't make someone find you attractive, they either do or don't. Nothing you do will suddenly change how she feels. She values your opinion and friendship but that doesn't mean anything romantically. If you can't have a platonic relationship with her then you will have to part ways like you said for your own mental health and sanity.
>>
>>18294349
>>First, you give off a really weird vibe with 'we can't be just friends if I like you so much'
Agree, it was utterly autistic. To be fair i did want to just stop being her friend but i just got attached to her.

>Second you clearly put WAY too much stock into minor things
Yeah..

Thanks for pointing those things out anon, i'll try to not make the same mistakes the next time. For the record, after the hair thing she's been asking advice from me on several things related to how she looks.
>>
On a side note, i've always wondered what's actually happening in those rare cases where the girl eventually starts to like the guy after long friendship relationships
>>
>>18294358
Don't worry anon, we've all been there where we put women on pedestals. If you continue to fail over and over again thought you'll eventually not care as much. Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.