[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a gun (secretly)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1381298634866.png (403KB, 666x672px) Image search: [Google]
1381298634866.png
403KB, 666x672px
About two months ago, someone climbed up to the balcony of my mother's room and tried to get in. My father heard her scream and came running down with a screwdriver, but he was gone by then. Since he's an asshole he just chose to believe she imagined the whole thing.

I want to buy and keep a gun in the house in case this happens again. However my father is staunchly anti-gun. Should I notify him that there'll be a gun in the house, keep it to myself, or how is this best handled? Was thinking of getting a small revolver if that matters
>>
>>18293724
Sounds like an excellent idea.

If you point a gun at someone you had better be prepared to kill them with it - the guilt, the police investigation, litigation, medical bills, the works - because if you aren't prepared to do that then you're probably the one who is going to end up getting shot with your own gun.

Buy a baseball bat.
>>
>>18293724

Have fun in jail if you kill that intruder (depending on country you live in and if you legally can own that fire arm)
>>
>>18293724
Statistics show that people with guns are MORE likely to get killed by a burglar, because the burglar panics.

90% of break-ins are based on convenience - the burglar picks the house with the easiest locks or windows. Put better locks on everything and make them visible. Put a tin box on the side of the house so it looks like a burglar alarm. Put up motion-controlled lights outside.

Any one of those things is enough to discourage burglars because it is just easier to move on to the next house.
>>
>>18294076
This. You can even get signage and stickers of security companies and put them up. You don't even have to have an alarm system but they don't know.

>>18293780
>retard with a massive vagina
>>
>>18293724
>ing a gun (secretly)
Do not do
>>
>>18293724
What's the pussy gonna do, he doesnt have a gun and you do?
>>
>>18294115
Don't buy a gun, they're a waste of money
>>
>guns are useless and dangerous
>t. Never handled a gun

Largely depends on your country OP. Killing a stranger in your own house will always be a headache no matter what, but as long as your gun is legal, you'll only have to go through some burocracy.

However, if you do but a gun, you have to practice handling it. In the beginning I'd say at least once a week. Go to a range and practice as many situations as possible, as picking it from the table and shooting it as a reaction.

However, I advise against doing it secretly. Your family has to be informed and have a plan as a group. There's more than one story about people confusing family members for burglars and shoting them when half sleeping and/or in the dark. Remember that for the one breaking in, everything that moves is an enemy, while for you, it's much more likely that something moving is a family member, and although you do have to practice differentiating targets in hard conditions, that's a reaction time you can't afford in a sudden encounter, since the invader is at advantage.

If you do get one, your family has to lock themselves in their rooms and remain in a non threatening position as much as possible.

The best gun you can have in my opinion for inside your house is a snub nosed revolver. Ammunition failure is much less dangerous, the short barrel is more adequate and you don't need more than 2 or 3 bullets for a situation like that, so capacity isn't much of a concern

About your father, if he picked up a screwdriver, he probably isn't as much anti gun as he thinks, or he's a huge hypocrite.
>>
>>18294299
Two consecutive numbers at the lowest value of a right end floating set , again!

Don't buy a gun though it's a waste of money.
>>
>>18293724
idiot idea OP
>noise occurs at night
>OP shakily grabs his gun and imagines a cawadooty sequence
>his dad also hears a noise and is wandering in the house quietly, not knowing his son has a gun
>OP sees a figure and shoots blindly
>shoots dad and has endless guilt
>>
>>18294307
There are guns for a couple hundred bucks (in usa at least, where I leave it's several thousand of our bucks). It's expensive, but if he really needs it, it's very affordable.

Plus it can be a hobby. It lasts potentially decades without bigger maintenance.
>>
>>18294076
Best answer in thread. OP listen to this guy.
>>
>>18294307
I guess that depends on what your definition of a waste of money is.
>>
>>18293724
If your dad doesn't want a gun in his house, you don't get to have a gun while you live in his house. Stop being an asshole and abide by your parents' rules you idiot. If you want to own a gun, get your own place, and keep your gun there.
>>
>>18294387
>a gun
>>18294387
>I guess that
>>18294387
> waste of money is.
>>
>>18294481
>, get your own place, and keep your gun there.
But he can't not tell his Dad that he's going to buy a gun. Dad might be upset. I would.
>>
>ITT liberal walking vaginas give """"""""""""advice"""""""""""""" about guns
>>
>>18294501
Why? That's the beauty of living on your own as a independent adult. You don't have to tell your parents everything you do in your own home.
>>
File: flag.jpg (166KB, 1594x1196px) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
166KB, 1594x1196px
>>18294481
But what about my constitutional rights?
>>
>>18294518
Roll
>>
File: 2353.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
2353.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>18294518
>>
>>18294309
I'm not retarded. I've never been startled by my father in the over two decades I've lived with him. And if I wanted to be "cawadooty" I wouldn't be buying a small 5-shot revolver, I'd be buying a larger semi-automatic handgun

>>18294481
This is about home defense, not owning a gun
>>
>>18294525
Then find a way to defend the home in accordance with the rules of the home. If you don't like the rules, move the fuck out.
>>
>my dad hates guns
Yet another problem that could have been solved by getting some damn money and moving the fuck out.

>what about my mother though
Inspect the alleged scene of attempted entry, notify the police if there is any visual evidence left behind (like anything broken.) Any home invader with multiple brain cells left in his head won't try the same place twice, unless he's got a hell of a grudge.
>>
>>18293724
>mother's room
>father heard her scream and came running down

Subtle. I like it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.