[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain employment gaps? Worked as a retail cuck for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ognkkzIFWA1vx70zco1_500.jpg (67KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognkkzIFWA1vx70zco1_500.jpg
67KB, 500x372px
How do I explain employment gaps?

Worked as a retail cuck for 2 years, mostly because I was broke as fuck and needed money, then was scheduled 6-7 times a week and had no time for anything else. Now it looks really shitty on my resume.
>>
>>18293340
What do you mean gaps? You were employed during those two years, weren't you?
>>
>>18293340
employers take note of this type of shit? creepy
>>
>>18293340
How is that an employment gap? You were literally employed
>>
What gap?

>>18293356
Of course they do. It's not creepy at all
>>
>employment gap
>literally no gap, 2 years working
dude you're fine. unless you put a career on hold for 2 years of retail. But then just explain "I was looking into other avenues of life at the time, and now this career is clearly looking like what I want to spend my life on."

>>18293356
Depends. Minimum part time wage they literally don't care, they can't afford to care. Anything above they care if you have >6mos where you don't do shit. Like no school, no work, no good excuse - I.E. travel/helping family.
>>
>>18293340
Taking care of a sick mom/dad.
>>
>>18293340
In this job market gaps of up to a year won't even be noticed. Gaps of 1-2 years can be explained away with any random excuse (ill, family issues, classes, etc)

Only gaps of more than 2 years will need a good story.("I had a string of very short term temp jobs, none of which seemed worth mentioning")
>>
>>18293489
>In this job market gaps of up to a year won't even be noticed.
What? Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>18293495
Because it can legitimately take up to a year (The average is 6 months) to find a new job
>>
>>18293527
Why would you have a gap though? Only a dumbass quits a job without finding a new one first. If you were fired then that's an acceptable reason for having a gap, but only if you were let go for financial reasons. If it was for misconduct, that's a huge red flag
>>
>>18293340
Just lie.
>>
>8 years of communism

>how dare people have a multi-month employment gap
>>
>>18293579
What?
>>
>>18293592
it's someone who is still so deranged by the fact that a black man was president that they still don't know what communism is
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.