[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

slob of a roommate needs to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image4.jpg (910KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image4.jpg
910KB, 3024x4032px
like the title says, i live with a female who drinks a lot of soda and is a slob.

she leaves about 20% of her soft drinks or bottled drinks in the container, wont throw them away or finish drinking them due to backwash reasons

she also leaves her clothes on the bathroom floor and laundry room, i have to step on them to get anywhere
and she smokes cigarettes which are not allowed to be smoked inside the house(we rent) but she smokes in the bathroom and leaves her cigarette butts everywhere.

what are some ways i can get her to change?
have tried:

helping her clean up, offering to do her laundry
criticising her, telling her its digusting
asking her over and over to clean up
trying to pick up her stuff myself(but i got yelled at for it, and i dont wanna be responsible for "breaking" something)

so i need some ways to get petty revenge on her or something to make her change her ways.

as it is now, i just rent a room because there's no place for me to sit in the living room with my best friend(her boyfriend, who constantly insults her telling her to "pick up her fucking mess")

so i can't enjoy any space outside my room.

pic related, bathroom.

im not picking up after her
>>
>>18293268
You can't get her to change, unfortunately. She has to want to change and since she's perfectly happy living in filth and being a slob there's no hope.
Realistically, you just need to make a plan to get your own apartment and get outta there.
>>
>>18293268
You have to make her want to change.

One avenue is to say you're fine with her choosing to live as she is, but you both pay equal rent so the shared spaces need to be shared - a suggestion would be to divy up the living areas into yours and hers, and if you find any mess in your areas transport it into one of hers.

Given she may not feel it's equitable for you to just pile up her rubbish in front of her bedroom whenever you see it - the divvied living spaces is a compromise, and then you can dump whatever trash you find into one of those.

It isn't a good solution for you, nor is it a good solution for her - but it's a starting point.
>>
>>18293268
If you can, get the fuck outta there
>>
OP here, I don't have anywhere else to go as it is quite expensive, and my car payment is holding me back from getting my own apartment

right now we rent one side of a duplex house.
it's me and her and her boyfriend, so 3 tennants.

i really just want her to clean her shit up and i can't move her dirty clothes and stuff into her room because it's always locked, and i don't want her fucking with my room out of revenge

shes really petty and emotional, constantly says she hates me even though it was her suggestion for me to move in with her.

some context, we've lived together for three years, once in an apartment with two rooms, and it was fine bcasue she kept her shit in her room

once we moved into this house however, she changed and started becoming a slob.
shes my cousin btw, but that's not important.

any petty ways i can get back at her?
atm, i steal any lighters i see lying around and i try to kick her clothes into the dirtiest spots so she picks them up, but she never does.

is there any way i can just force her to pick her stuff up? im thinking about landlord intervention, but he's been known to be a passive little bitch about checking on tennants, hes a real push over.

desu lads i just want the shared living spaces clean, idc about her room or what she does. i wanna be able to use the bathroom and laundry room without stepping on her shit or moving through trash.
>>
>>18293268
I had a similar problem. This is what I did: I grabbed a garbage bag, collected all trash from roomie, set bag full of trash just inside roomies bedroom door with note stating "this is what you leave lying around the house. You get only one free one and you just used it. Clean up after yourself moving forward or I will be terminating your lease". It didn't work because she's a lazy slob. So I gave her a written 30 day notice. She left 2 weeks later. Roomates suck.
>>
>>18293347
The boyfriend's on side with having tidy living spaces, so as per my early suggestion you could negotiate 2/3rds of the common rooms being tidy.

Being petty will achieve nothing, you want results. And results are best achieved through her wanting it.
>>
Just start peeing on her clothes in the bathroom? idk lol

Or shit in the toilet and overflow it. Anything to ruin her clothes, she'll get the hint.
>>
>>18293347
Why did you move in with a girl anyway? Unless shes your wife thats your first mistake
>>
>>18293369
SAVAGE. Make sure she gets the message OP. If she wont listen, you have to make her.
>>
>any petty ways i can get back at her?

Don't do this
Don't do this
Don't do this
Don't do this

Talk to her. You need to be assertive, but not aggressive.
Passive-Aggressiveness will get you no where but pain.
>>
File: IMG_1371.jpg (387KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.jpg
387KB, 1080x1920px
Some problems with your suggestions;
The lease is in her name, I think I only signed as a room mate. Does that mean she can kick me out for whatever reason?

Like say I start being more assertive, and talking to her that she needs to clean up and she doesn't like it, I don't wanna get kicked out.

Pic: living room.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.