[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delusions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1487969315574.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487969315574.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>Can't stop contorting and twisting my own brain into something it's not
>Might have an IQ of 130, but likely don't
>Pretend I do anyway
>Can't stop seeing my own isolation as a side-effect of my superior intelligence
>Atheist from 13
>INFP personality (high correlation with IQ on MBTI)
>Landed in gifted classes as a boy
>Using all of this shit to further my own arrogance
>Twisting my life into something it's not, and can't stop myself because I'm so alone
>Never felt intelligent when I was in Highschool, but now, because it's all I have, I'm suddenly Einstein
>Have no one around to destroy my thoughts, and 4chan only serves to feed my ego

Is anyone else going through the same thing?
What's a good way to drag myself back to reality? Every time I go outside, I can't help but affirm that I'm an intelligent man when I see the behavior of others even though I stare at a 2-D representation of a human being.

I can't stop feeling like a master of reality even though I'm a 20 year old NEET loser with no driver's license. My father "suffered" from the same unwarranted self-importance and arrogance. I just feel like everyone's dumb but me.
>>
Being this "smart" is going to make you be a cynical cunt your whole life. Stop pretending you're too good to enjoy the world for what it is.
>>
>>18292939
If it's getting in the way of your life and your ability to function in or enjoy it, you might have NPD.

Do you also feel arrogant about your physical appearance?

You also said your dad had it. NPD is linked to genetics.

Just a thought.
>>
Having above-average attributes is desired and envied only because you can use them to create and achieve certain things more easily. Just having them and not using them for anything puts you at the same level as the plebs you look down upon.
>>
Firstly, you should note that you're deluded about your delusions. An IQ of 130 would be rather high, but it's nowhere near the realm of absolute superiority. In all likelihood, there are at least a few hundred people in your home area with an IQ as high or higher.

Secondly, you should seek to surround yourself with those more educated and more intelligent than you, and you should constantly push yourself to discovery the boundaries of your ability. This does two things: it teaches you humility (the sheer amount that we don't know is astounding), and it teaches you how to apply what intelligence you do have in a productive manner.

Throughout my life, I have also been told that I'm "gifted," and my accomplishments on paper would probably indicate such. I was valedictorian of my high school class; I graduated with honors from one of the most competitive Ivies; I graduated from a fully-funded graduate program with a GPA exceeding 4.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Despite all of these laurels, I've never once been in a position where I genuinely feel "superior." This is because I know my success comes from my incessant habit of prodding the boundaries of my own understanding, a process which continually reminds me of just how shallow that understanding is.
>>
>>18292969
I didn't know I was attractive until I was 18, but now I'm relatively certain I am as I've used various metrics for that.

Multiple entries to Beautifulpeople.com
Anaface
Etc
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.