[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried to be nice.. Got sued?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>Know girl from Korea
>My best friend knows her, we have mutual friends.
>See her around, she's painfully shy.
>Try to be her friend to avoid awkward silence.
>She talks to others but ignores me.
>I don't make much of it, see her around a lot because of our social circle.
>Try to get at least one "hi" in... she does nothing.
>Eh you can't win them all. Be polite and just ignore her.
>Have to wait for a bus, she's there waiting too. Try to talk to pass the time, nothing, okay waited in awkward silence.
>Months later get fucking sued for stalking...
>Who did this?! Find out it's her.
>Ask my best friends about it, they never see her around anymore, she just sued me because apparently I "make her feel odd."
>I mean yeah, she makes me feel awkward too with the silence and ignoring me when I try to at least make small talk.
>Meet with her lawyer, bring our mutual friends.
>Lawyer was super nice, actually, laughs when I explain my side of the situation and the charges were dropped.
>"Yeah, don't ever look or talk to her EVER"-Lawyer.
>Fine by me.

What the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>18292762
My guess is paranoia.
>>
>>18292762
maybe you haven't learned this, it's okay, a lot of people haven't. but most people in this world are fucking mentally insane and should be put down depending on the severity.
>>
>>18292889
>>18292806
This. Sweet Jesus worst I've done to her was invite her to parties and offer to buy lunch with my friends. Yeesh
>>
>>18292762
Sue her for making you feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>18292762
Clearly she is an SJW femanazi that's reached a point of psychosis.
>>
>>18292762
Before putting all the blame on her just consider these possibilities

1. She felt she was sending you clear "go away" signals - that would be clear in her culture, at least - so that your continued attempts to be politely friendly were read - in her cultural vocabulary - as being pushy.
2. It is just barely possible that what you remember as casual politeness might have been a little more pushy, even in our cultural context.

What we have here is much more likely a culture-gap misunderstanding, and the most she is probably guilty of is overreacting to what bothered her without considering that she might be misreading your culture.
>>
>>18292762
Maybe korean girls are crazy
>>
>>18292762
Your fault for interacting with an autistic weirdo
>>
>>18293513
This. Also shy people find it difficult to tell male pursuers to go away, because they worry it could incite violence or drama. They prefer to just try to avoid.
>>
>>18292762

Should've just went with awkward silence mate.

Never try to be nice. Mind your own business, hope everyone else minds theirs.
Secondly, the first time she ignored you should've been a red flag, a "This girl doesn't like me for whatever reason, better off pretending she doesn't exist".

Listen to the lawyer, and never be this friendly to anyone ever again (unless they are friendlier than this to you).

The best advice I can give is never to put more into any relationship (I mean that as a general relationship, not just romantic ones) than the other person. Never care more than they do.
If someone is cold, be colder.
>>
Never understood how people just go up to others and talk, fucking weirdos. Here it would never happen
>>
>>18293742
This, this so hard. I know now!
>>18293525
I mean us having mutual friends made me feel kind of pressured to at least make the effort. Turns out the major mistake but hey, you live you learn right?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.