[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK FUCK FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: dumb frogposter (9).png (191KB, 410x409px) Image search: [Google]
dumb frogposter (9).png
191KB, 410x409px
I just got called into my first ever job interview with less than 24 hours to prepare. What can I do by tomorrow that will maximize my chances of getting employed? It's an entry level job at kfc.
>>
>What can I do by tomorrow that will maximize my chances of getting employed?

You could try relaxing for starters...
>>
>>18292706
Alright done. Now what?
>>
>>18292714

Dress respectably and be well-groomed. Be on time--actually just a few minutes early but not too early. Don't chew gum. Only answer what is asked. Be prepared for "Why should I hire You"? Don't talk in slang. When they ask if you have any questions, have one ready to ask.
>>
>>18292774
>Be prepared for "Why should I hire You"?
How do I prepare for that
>>
>>18292699
Heres some guidelines:

You can work any hours they need
You can make it to work if they need you on your time off/ short notice
Make no demands of them. Anything you say that limits your availability, or stressing your "preferences" will sink your chances.
Understand your working the bottom of the barrel. Master says jump, you say how high.

Outside that, try to answer questions in a way that says "im reliable and on time" as often as possible.
dont mention any work you have done in the past if it was for less than 6 months.
Do mention any volunteering you have done for anything ever.

Don't assume youll get the job. Interviews are a dime a dozen for min-wage jobs. Just relax
>>
>>18292699
>get gender studies degree
>have to work at kfc
Sad.
>>
>>18292699

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER

A job interview is just a conversation. That's literally it. You're literally going to just sit down and have a conversation with someone. Think of it like that and it won't be stressful at all. Just talk to them like any normal person (respectfully of course).

Also, to add. When you get this job, PLEASE actually put effort and do your job to the best of your ability. So what it's fast food? It's still a job. Follow the policies, keep your station clean, do what you can to be the best worker you can. Even tho it's an entry level fast food job, if you work hard and professionally with good customer services skills, I promise that will carry on with you to future jobs. Those are values that you'll keep.
>>
>>18292813
>A job interview is just a conversation
BULLSHIT
When in normal conversations do you come across questions like
>Why do you want to work for us?
>How will you fit into our business?
>How will we benefit from taking you on?
>What made you apply for this particular job?
>What makes you the right sort of person to work for this company?
>Have you done this kind of work before?
>What are your strengths and weaknesses?
>Tell me about a time when you...
>had to deal with conflict
>experienced failure
>resolved a problem
>achieved a goal
>took a leadership role within a group.

Your post makes me think you've never been through a job interview yourself.

>>18292803
>You can work any hours they need
>You can make it to work if they need you on your time off/ short notice
>Make no demands of them. Anything you say that limits your availability, or stressing your "preferences" will sink your chances.
>Understand your working the bottom of the barrel. Master says jump, you say how high.
I'm not really a NEET anon. I have days when I need to attend class.
>>
>>18292834

Jesus Christ

You're really looking at this as a interrogation when it's really not. Yes they will ask you those questions, but it's casual you nigger. Just be honest, and talk like a normal fucking person.

>why do you want to work for us here at KFC?

Well, I think this would be a good job opportunity. I've always liked the food at this company, and I'd like to be apart of that team.

Done. Easy peasy.

My last job interview I was nervous about, because it was for a high paying position that I really needed. I felt very nervous until I actually sat down to inteview. Do you know what happened? The interviewer and I just bullshitted about a few off topic things for 10-15 min and then he said "oh well we should get this formal crap out of the way, I'm going to ask you some company set questions, just answer the best you can". Easy as fuck.
>>
>>18292834
Then your at a big disadvantage that may cost or ruin your chances at a job. You are less valuable than someone who can work fulltime.

Thems the breaks.
>>
>>18292848

Dude don't bullshit him. That's a load of shit.

Fast Food is a job meant for high school/college aged people. I worked all through my high school years in fast food and all of us were students.

They won't reject him for applying for part time. That won't be an issue
>>
>>18292699
Be prepared for the "tell us a time you have experienced/ provided good/bad customer service" question

If its provided, just be honest and reiterate how eager u are to learn customer service skills as they will be invaluable for your working career

If its tell of experience, and you don't have one, just fucking lie. I rambled on for about 5 mins of how Dominoes lost my pizza and how "utterly frustrating" it was for me as a consumer. And they lapped it right up.

PS 3 for 3 in job interviews so far, I love it cos you can just lie about yourself
>>
>>18292841
>I've always liked the food at this company
>It's just a conversation bro
>just lie your ass off

Okay so you picked an easy one. But can you bullshit up an answer for a question like "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict" right on the spot?
>>
>>18292868
(Not anon of linked post) I have bullshitted that exact question by discussing team sports "I got my teammates to calm down and refrained them from being disrespectful to the referee"
>>
>>18292868

I don't know YOU, so I can't answer that question for you.

But also remember this. This is an ENTRY level fast food job. Obviously it's your first job. I'm assuming you're high school or college age, KFC will understand this. You might not even get asked "tell me about how you defused a stressful situation". I was never asked that when I applied for fast food.

Just think of a time where you were upset with someone. Tell them what you to fix it.

You're not applying for a job to be a Police Officer.. be reasonable.
>>
>>18292860
Sorry to burst your "they look out for the little guy" bubble but the fast food industry is a buisness like any other.

If they have a choice between a part time employee and a full time one, they wont pick him over the latter. Likewise when hiring someone with a work history versus a first timer.

How much will it impact his chances? Depends on the location and number of other applicants. But to say it has no effect whatsoever is naive.

The only thing making a fast food job easier to land is that they are practically everywhere, with all the big name competitors right around the block.
>>
>>18292699
>It's an entry level job at kfc.
Dude, all you have to do is show up and not be high or naked.
>>
>>18292699
They are used to nervous people.
They are used to lazy stupid people.
Act like a normie.
Show up early, nod a lot, say how excited you are to start working.
It's that easy.
Relax.
>>
>>18292904

>If they have a choice between a part time employee and a full time one, they wont pick him over the latter

YES they will. Because they won't have to give him benefits. So hiring him would absolutely save and MAKE the company more money
>>
I got a job interview for KFC when I was 19. I never got hired. I've had several job interviews since then and I never got hired. Eventually I ended up becoming a NEET and giving up on jobs. 9 years later and I've never had a job.
>>
File: a62.png (328KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
328KB, 800x778px
>>18292699
3 words: Just be yourself.

4 days ago i had an interview at Toys R Us(it wasn't my first tho, but it was still for my first job), i answered their questions frankly without exagerating things. Everything was cool and guess what? The day after they call me and tell me i got the job.

Whenever i had to go to an interview, when i was walking to the place i was always telling myself ''just be yourself'', seems like it worked this time.
>>
>>18292834

Dude, it's a job interview for fucking KFC, not junior dev at Google or UX at Salesforce - they do not ACTUALLY give a shit about any of those questions, it's just script that was either handed to them by some corporate HR office or some template made up of questions that they think they're supposed to ask.

All you have to do is seem like a friendly, dependable person who is looking to be productive and they'll hire on the freaking spot.

Let me re-iterate: unless a job position is for something technically demanding, all that REALLY matters is how much they end up liking you. That's why personable people can get away with so much shit - people just like them so they can get their foot in the door and then just pick up everything they need to know as they make friends, ask questions, and learn from everyone around them. Some non-communicative, super quiet fuck-up is a lot more likely to stand in a corner and be totally useless under stress or when faced with a situation they don't know how to handle.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.