[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you prevent bad thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1889.jpg (36KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1889.jpg
36KB, 500x646px
how do you prevent bad thoughts?
>>
this is a really weird trick, i move my eyes from left to right really fast 3 times, and it sort of resets my brain when i think of something i don't want to think of, or have a song stuck in my head
i don't know if it would work for anyone else though

also: not politics, sage
>>
>>18292454
by having good thoughts.

protip: good / bad is a man made concept. The sun could flare the shit out of earth without caring if you are having good or bad thoughts.
>>
>>18292454
your mind is like /b/, there will always be things you don't want to see but it doesn't mean its yours. its like your dreams you don't really choose where it will take place.
>>
Kill some antifa retards, that sould do the trick.
>>
File: Marcus Aurelius.jpg (188KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Aurelius.jpg
188KB, 500x500px
>>18292454
Don't. Explore them thoroughly in your mind. The Greeks knew this, the Romans knew this, and modern cognitive psychologists know this.

Unless you're literally psychotic, then seek help.
>>
File: cute guns doing cute things.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
cute guns doing cute things.webm
3MB, 854x480px
By watching CGDCT stuff
>>
>>18292454
You have to crowd them out fo your head with good thoughts.
>>
Sometimes I sit at work and have thoughts I don't understand. I worry myself. I take hypothetical situations that COULD happen and these thoughts make me angry and frustrated. It ruins my day.
>>
Having a thought implies that it is ongoing, but will also eventually end. Explore it to the point of no more interest.
If its trauma, treat it like a flesh wound, sew/bandage that shit (vocalize it, so its no longer just a thought, but information), then just let time do its thing.
>>
>>18292460
>dat tiny nugget
>>
>>18292455
what the fuck? autist.
>>
File: Invoker.png (44KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.png
44KB, 256x144px
>>18292454
What do you mean by bad thoughts? pushing in front of an incoming metro? They're called intrusive thoughts, everybody has those.

As for good thoughts. Clean your mind. cleanse the pollution by scrubbing it clean via meditation. I'm not saying go full buddhism, just have a healthy mind. Learn how to concentrate & focus. Pic related

Also time and self-reflection helps, but I gotta sage the thread friend, its not politics, although I'm not sure where else you would get useful help. /adv/ perhaps?
>>
File: 006427.png (425KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
006427.png
425KB, 852x479px
>>18292454
Become a social justice warrior. All thoughts are now plusgood. When you listen to the man on the TV who tells you the things that the man in the suit at the school tells you, then you have embraced doubleplusgood thinking. Nothing is bad if you just embrace the truth which is acceptable. Denying truth is when it becomes bad. And when you deny our truth- the social justice warrior truth- then being a bigot is what you have become.

To escape being a bigot, first begin to rid your mind of thoughts that make you hate stuff without power. If you don't like something, that is a bad thing unless they have power, like white people. White people have power and so it's okay to hate them because power is what they have and whiteness is bad so being anti-white is good and you must open your doors and your windows and bend your women over and your men must become emasculated while replacements freely roam and get leeway to do anything they wish because to to deny their freedom is to be a racist privileged anti-science cockholster.
>>
File: hypnocat.gif (821KB, 249x188px) Image search: [Google]
hypnocat.gif
821KB, 249x188px
>>18292457
>>18292459

Underrated posts.

You are not (your) thoughts. Through practice you can grow awareness and focus and choose how you respond to thoughts and guide their direction.
>>
>>18292454
Just as bad things are inevitable, good things are inevitable aswell. Good stuff is always going to happen and theres nothing you can do about it

In other words, think about good stuff more often, i didn't say ignore the bad stuff, just try to give your brain some balance
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.