[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College at 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1493316321906.jpg (263KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493316321906.jpg
263KB, 1024x768px
I'll try to keep this as short as possible.
I graduated high school in 2013 and didn't go to college right away.
There were several reasons for my decision, first and foremost I had no idea what I wanted to do. A lot of things seemed interesting to me and I didn't want to designate myself to one specific field yet.
Second off the financial obligations scared me, I didn't qualify for any scholarship and didn't want to start my adult life being 40k$ in debt and last but not least I still felt extremely immature.
I got hired by an event management company in the fall of 2013 and my family supported me in my decision because they felt it was a good idea to get some hands-on work experience before starting college.
I've worked for the same company for almost 4 years now and it has been a great experience so far. I earn a decent amount of money, rent my own place and own a car that I paid for at 21, so I don't think I'm doing too shabby.
The issue is that i'll probably have to get a degree at some point to further my career, although my initial problems with college don't exist anymore (I know what I want to do, I have the money to go and feel mature/responsible enough to take it seriously) a bunch of new worries popped up.
Will I be too old?
Will I be able to socialize and connect with my co-students? I imagine this to be difficult since most of my classmates will probably be underage.
Will I be "the weird one out"?

I'd love to hear from people who have either started college at a slightly older age or have had those students in their classes.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>18292284
>Will I be too old?
>Will I be able to socialize and connect with my co-students? I imagine this to be difficult since most of my classmates will probably be underage.
>Will I be "the weird one out"?
God nobody gives a fuck
Its not fucking high school, you just come and learn your shit
>>
>>18292290
>God nobody gives a fuck

that's a great relief, thanks
>>
>>18292298
Welcome to the real world.
Just don't pay mind to the pol-correctness.
>>
>>18292284
>Will I be too old?

NO NO NO
I have students in my classes ranging in age from 17 to well into their 60s. And this is a science class.

"In 2014, there were about 12.0 million college students under age 25 and 8.2 million students 25 years old and over."
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=372)
>>
I'm 21 at community college. No one fucking cares desu, as long as you aren't a 40 year old hitting on teens. I was in a study group with a 40 year old mom who had a son my age
>>
>>18292284
Age doesn't fucking matter at college, now go have fun
>>
>>18292284
>Will I be too old?
No. plenty of mature students and that's hardly old anyways.
>Will I be able to socialize and connect with my co-students? I imagine this to be difficult since most of my classmates will probably be underage.
maybe, maybe not. age diff isn't so big besides. doesn't matter as you'll be able to find other people to hang out with by now.
>Will I be "the weird one out"?
no. unless you're a weirdo to begin with, and it doesn't seem that way anon/

enjoy college!
>>
Its not highschool, Its college. i dont know your country, but in mine, i had friend who where up to 31yrs old and i remenber that i saw a lot of students at the night hours class that had family. True, most of the students are young (17-25) but that doesnt mean that there isnt older ppl, or that they are weird. after all, everyone goes for one reason; Study.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.