[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ What method of contraception do couples in long-term

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: open-uri20121031-26750-1g4117g.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
open-uri20121031-26750-1g4117g.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
Hi /adv/

What method of contraception do couples in long-term relationships use? Personally I would never use the "pull-out" method because I think that's just fucking dumb, but having a girl pop pills every day or covering my dick in rubber doesn't sound sustainable either.

I know there are more reasonable long-term methods like this implant thing that lives in a girls' arm and fuck with her ovaries so she can't get pregnant for about 5 years or there's something my dutch friend told me about which is basically a copper rod that sits inside the womans' womb that slowly releases copper to kill sperm cells. (pic related)

What do you know? I'm 25 and have had about 5 relationships, none have lasted more than 3 months, so I have basically no clue about this stuff.
>>
I use the pill. I would love to go onto the natural method (tracking your temperature, ovulation, etc) but that is probably the least reliable method that should really only be used if you're happy to fall pregnant.

The pill, the coil (for those who have had a baby already), the implant (your friend is full of shit with the 5yr thing) or the shot are the most common forms of contraception but it all depends on how the woman reacts.

I've been on the pill for several years and have never fallen pregnant.
>>
>>18291349
condoms.
>>
File: WRONG.png (233KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.png
233KB, 500x563px
>>18291394
>I would love to go onto the natural method (tracking your temperature, ovulation, etc) but that is probably the least reliable method
This method and condoms on ovulation periods was the only contraception I used with my ex-girlfriend. We fucked as often as time allowed for six months straight. Natural method is the best method. We always counted days - so it was foolproof.
>>
>>18291349
>because I think that's just fucking dumb

It's actually pretty effective if done correctly. The problem comes from people who either can't tell when they're going to come, or just don't pull out.
>>
File: I'm blessed.png (268KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
I'm blessed.png
268KB, 750x750px
>>18291431
I never understood the pull out technique. The best feeling is when your dick is wrapped up in the vagina while pumping your love juice into her, giving your last few but hardest pumps in the entire session. Godlike feeling, even with condom.
>>
>>18291428
I would suggest to anyine reading NOT to use this method. It is not uncommon for women's cycles to become irregular every now and then. While it can be successful sometimes, it has a large failure rate.
>>
>>18291441
>even with condom

I agreed with everything up to that part.
>>
>>18291349
I am on IUD.

>>18291428
You've been lucky, but it is not foolproof.
Women might be irregular, all it takes is a bit of extra stress to end up with an early/late ovulation and a baby.
Also sperm can live up to a week inside a woman so there are very few completely safe days.
>>
>>18291443
Give me stats and prove me wrong. It worked for us perfectly and we appropriated days and ovulation whenever her periods came either earlier or later than expected.

>>18291450
Well, obviously it isn't as good as without one, but I'd prefer this method than pulling out any day.

>>18291455
>Also sperm can live up to a week inside a woman so there are very few completely safe days.
We also considered that. So, 22 days are a few days then? Guess we have diffrent standards here.
>>
The implant is basically the same thing as the pill, by giving the body hormones that make it believe it is already pregnant, so it won't waste eggs by releasing them. The biggest difference is that it's an incredibly low dose of hormones. The reason it can be so low is because it goes directly into the bloodstream. The pill has to be absorbed though the digestive system, which is irregular. Sometimes you absorb more, sometimes you absorb less, so in order to make sure that it gives you enough hormones to be effective the pill gives you a huge amount.

The implant lasts up to three years and as I recall is the most effective method on the market.

The copper IUD is slightly less effective than the implant but still very effective. It lasts up to ten years and works by creative an environment that is inhospitable to eggs and sperm. Completely non-hormonal, so it's a good option for people who don't want to use hormones or have a medical reaction to them.

Then there's the hormonal IUD which basically takes the implant and does it in IUD form. I think it lasts five years? And it might be a higher hormonal dose than the implant.

Condoms are highly effective when done right but frankly most people do not use them right. For example, you have to pinch the tip to leave space for ejaculate, and if you leave them in your wallet or in the car, the heat degrades the latex. The pill also needs to be taken at the exact same time every day for maximum effectiveness.

Long-Term is more expensive in the short term but the benefits extend for years. In the end, they're usually cheaper. They do not protect against any sort of STI transmission, if that's an issue, but personally I love it. I have a terrible memory and I did not trust myself to remember to take The Pill every day.

You can also try internal condoms. They're harder to find, but I hear that they feel a hell of a lot better than standard condoms. Since they allow movement inside, it causes no loss of sensation.
>>
>>18291462
Well.
30 days in a month. Take away 5 for period, it's 25. Take away 2 for ovulation and "how many days the sperm can live", plus a week before ovulation. Add some more days before and after ovulation for safety. You have like 13 days left. Not really much, in my opinion.
Then I fuck with my boyfriend every day so staying weeks without fucking would be annoying.
>>
>>18291428
As someone who get pregnant even through birth control, I would never trust this.
>>
>>18291428

I get that if you do it properly, it's pretty much biologically impossible to fall pregnant. It's just not something I would want to risk, and it would only take one mistake to increase the risks. At least you have a vague pill Half-Life if you forget to take it (or stop taking it).

It works for some people and it's perfect if you're married or ready for babies, but I wouldn't risk using that method until that point.
>>
>>18291462
Really dude? You didn't do your own research before doing it? It's one of the least effective methods. Even perfect use (which is difficult) still has a 10% failure rate. Why use a method that requires more effort for less effectiveness?
>>
File: I'm a smug fuck 2.png (355KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
I'm a smug fuck 2.png
355KB, 500x457px
>>18291471
Why two days for ovulation? Isn't it only one day in an esimated period of three days? Sperm can survive 72 hours max, so add two and half days before and after ovulation and you have ~9 days. And the extended safety days weren't part of our repertoir. I don't think you're more fertile during you period, but I used always condoms there because I didn't want blood on my bepis.

Eh, she explained it like that, it worked for us. No ragrets.

>>18291496
Yeah, one slip would end in a catastrophy. Too good that we both counted though. At least you're calm about that. Whenever I tell that some people they lose their shit about it.

>>18291477
>>18291502
Jesus Christ, why do you get so hung up on that shit? Are you so mad because it worked for us?
>>
>>18291512
>Jesus Christ, why do you get so hung up on that shit? Are you so mad because it worked for us?

You're the only one getting worked up here. We're just pointing out that it's not an effective method for anyone who might be reading.

Judging by your apparent lsck of knowledge on the subject, I would also say you guys just got lucky.
>>
>>18291512
>Sperm can survive 72 hours max
Sperm can survive inside a woman for up to five days.
>>
File: menstrual-cycle.jpg (43KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
menstrual-cycle.jpg
43KB, 500x360px
>>18291349
I love these threads about people being scared of having babies.

Anyway, the god tier BC is vasectomy. It is very fool proof, cheap and doesnt screw up womans libido, periods. Also when you are finally prepared to be dad, it can be reversed with like 90% success. Or sperm bank exists.

The meh BC one are condoms. But they still doesnt screw womans system.

And the honorable mentions are all uid and pills, hormonal or not. But in most cases it kills periods / worsen them, kills libido and make woman more fat and mentally unstable. Basically she has to try them and see which is least horrible.

If you are chad / whore fucking 9 different girls per night, you want condoms to prevent various diseases.

If you have one partnet, vasectomy is the way to go. Cheap, no side effect and impossible to fail. But seriously consider sperm back before. It can take like 1 year after reverse operation to restore your fertility and the 10% is infertile forever.

Or just say fuck it and have baby already.

Counting fertile days is like playing roulette.
>>
File: chocolate guy.png (412KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate guy.png
412KB, 500x380px
>>18291517
>Judging by your apparent lsck of knowledge on the subject, I would also say you guys just got lucky.
I reasearched quite a lot on that subject, and the conclusion I've drawn is that theories vary wildly.

Some say sperm survives three days, this guy >>18291521 says it's five, another six, and another a whole fucking year. Now one femanon says you have two ovulations during four weeks while everyone says it's one day, then substracts the period for no goddamn reason.

This topic is a fucking mess, and I'd rather believe what worked first hand for me than some randos who actually messed up.
>>
>>18291512
Sperm can live inside a woman for 5 day and some researches suggest that it can live for more.
On the sites where they explain the calendar-based contraception, they say that there are 12 days where sex is unsafe. During woman's period most people don't have sex/don't have sex without a condom so it's 17 days of sex with a condom/no sex vs 11 days of raw sex. Not really a great deal.
With IUD I get almost non-existing periods and I can fuck without a condom basically all the time.

>why do you get so hung up on that shit?
Because "counting days" is not a reliable method. You do it just if you are fine with having kids.
Typical efficiency rate is 75% which means that every year 25% of women who use it get pregnant.
I know at least 2 couples who got pregnant because "hurr durr she's not fertile!!".

75% efficiency rate compared to IUD (99.9%) or other birth control rate, pill (92%), condom (85%) is a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>18291512

No problem, I think it totally works for some people. As I said in my original post, I would love to use this method because it takes away the hormonal bullshit that comes along with the pill. I just can't honestly say that I'd be happy falling pregnant at the moment, and seeing as I can barely set my alarm in a morning, I wouldn't want to risk my immediate future on that ;)
>>
>>18291565
Yeah, I didn't suggest it would work for everyone but that it can be very effective. She didn't want to have kids anyways, so if shit got fucked, then, well, a baby would be off the table anyways.

If kids are off the table for both of you, then your GF could sterilize herself, but this is of course a permanent solution, and who knows if she changes her mind about that.
>>
If you get a vasectomy, do you still produce pre-cum? Does it just stop sperm or basically all of the ejaculate? Because if so, I can't imagine that it doesn't take away some of the pleasure.
>>
>>18292351
Haha you are so stupid. Go see where exactly the procedure is done.
>>
There are certain long-term methods that don't impact their hormones. Well, by that I mean one. It's an IUD that uses copper instead of hormones, and it's called the Paraguard. It lasts 10 years after implantation, and if the subject is older than 25 at the time of placement, it could even last up to 13 years.

Like I noted earlier, the Paraguard has no hormonal component, but it does induce really heavy periods. I have fucking miserable 10 day long periods and I'm basically crazed for sex by the time it's over, because to me 10 days is a long time. I basically spend 1/3rd of my life bleeding.

But, since I'm a poorfag and my insurance is spotty/sometimes nonexistent, it's a really great option because I don't have to worry about running out of pills. It's given me a lot of peace of mind. Plus, being in a monogamous relationship and doing it raw is great.
>>
>>18292373

>I'm basically crazed for sex by the time it's over, because to me 10 days is a long time.

ew, ive gone 6 years without it and still couldnt care less
>>
>>18292384
I would trade libidos with you in a fucking heartbeat. But yeah OP, please consider the Paraguard. It's amazing.
>>
>>18292392
>trade libidos

Do woman actually really hate sex that much? I am guy and rubbing one out daily is my favourite pass time no matter if i have gf or not at the moment.

Care to elaborate a bit? Please?
>>
>>18292600
It's not that I hate sex, it's because masturbation isn't enough. So I end up staring at men and women too much. I end up feeling like a creep. I'm Miss Pro Feminist over here but I fucking scream and die inside when I'm on day 9 of my period and my boyfriend hasn't want to fuck me the whole time and I get girl customers that have low cut shirts and their perfect breasts are right in my face. Women wearing skimpy clothes when I haven't gotten laid in a while just fucking destroy me and ruin my day, but of course I would throw down for their right to wear them.

Or when I sit behind dudes on the bus and I look at the nape of their neck and it's really neatly trimmed and I want to bury my face in there, nibble their ears for good measure. It's fucking suffering. I hate it. I hate having a strong libido.
>>
>>18292639

Can you not just do some really dirty shit when you're on your period to take the edge off? I dunno, blow your boyfriend in public or something. Start doing anal if you dont already?
>>
>>18291349
Use an IUD. That's the thing in your diagram.
>>18291394
You don't have to have a prior pregnancy to use an IUD. The claim that risks could be higher was disproven many years ago. Imo politicians were just trying to force people to risk having babies again.
>>
>>18291528
Vasectomies can make your balls explode from the pressure. They often cause chronic testicular pain, granulomas, etc.

Consider Justicia gendarussa with a condom if you want something more effective than just the condom.

But imo, copper IUD is the best way to go. Hormonal methods have been intolerable to most of my past girlfriends.
>>
Someone I know recently passed away from blood clots that she got from using birth control.

Not saying y'all shouldn't use it, just hoping that whatever you use doesn't kill you.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.