[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 26 year old girl and have never been in a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: parasitic sea louse_333x196.jpg (18KB, 333x196px) Image search: [Google]
parasitic sea louse_333x196.jpg
18KB, 333x196px
I'm a 26 year old girl and have never been in a relationship

In my head I fantasize about the kind of relationships teenagers and people in their early twenties have.

But now that I'm 26, what are relationships supposed to look like? What are you supposed to do with the guy? How are you supposed to feel?

I want to fantasize about the kind of relationships that are possible for me now, but I don't know what those look like.
>>
Really? You ask /adv/? Watch romcoms and get some cats like the rest of us you silly twat.
>>
>>18291023
>But now that I'm 26, what are relationships supposed to look like?
Having your own life, but sharing as much of yours with your partner.

What are you supposed to do with the guy?
Whatever you want. Hang out, watch tv/movies, go out, travel, sex.

How are you supposed to feel?
Like you want to be with the other person.

>I want to fantasize about the kind of relationships that are possible for me now, but I don't know what those look like.

Teens are idiots, as are people in their early 20s. You should want a relationship that a 26 yo will have, nothing more.
>>
nah
>>
My brother and his girlfriend are both each other's first SO's. He was 26 and she was 28 when they got together.
Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18291053
But what was their relationship like? Was it passionate at all?
>>
Most relationships are a trainwreck.

You generally burg through several before finding a good one. Generally its trial and error that answers your exact question.

Everyone will be different, but in my view a food relationship is SUPPOSED to feel like a rock upon which two imperfect people acknowledge their imperfections and work to become the best versions of themselves together. The purpose of a relationship is to build each other up and comfort each other through their insecurities and inevitable dark times that life hands us. If one person finds themselves exacerbating the other person's inswcurities and negative attributes, the relationship is officially toxic. (For example, if your SO struggles with their weight, you should be assuring them of their beauty and assisting in any of their efforts to overcome their health challenge with a positive outlook. If you make fun of their weight, even in jest, you are doing the opposite of what a relationship should be.)

It should* make you eager to carry on with the time you have been given.

You shouls both do what you love in life, and keep an open mind to experiencing what your partner lives too, and therefore open each other's eyes to pieces of life and tye world that you would have never stopped to appreciate.

It should never be easy. It should be a rewarding investment, just like keeping in shape. You won't walk around in a constant state of bliss, even in the best relationships, however. But there will and should be a regular dose of passion and bliss.
>>
>>18291070
God damn, the typos I make on my shitty ass phone

*'good' relationships, not 'food' relationships
>>
>>18291070

>You generally burg through several before finding a good one

I can't even find one relationship, let alone several, that's really worrying
>>
>>18291091
kek'ed hard

where u at OP? U want sum fug?
>>
>>18291023
every relationship is different. there are some stereotypical relationships just like their are stereotypical people, but at its core each relationship is truly different.

some can be great, some can be a living nightmare, some can be boring, some can be a headache, some are great some days and a pain other days.

find someone you click with and get along naturally with and you have a partner, which is great. force a relationship and you'll find yourself butting heads all the time.

overall a relationship is "supposed" to look healthy and balanced, but every relationship has problems. it's actually more abnormal if your relationship has zero problems ever. it's all about compromise, connection and what you're willing/unwilling to do for your partner. there is no golden rule because everyone's relationship has problems that they ask others for help, it's about what you're willing to live with and not willing to.
>>
>>18291091
Same guy who typed that post here.

I was a late bloomer, too. I was 20 when I kissed a girl for the first time. I've hooked up with 8 people since then, and its been 2 years. 2 of them were relationships.

I know you are older than I was, but still, the same principle applies: The first is the hardest to find. Getting intimate with someone is actually like anything else, its a skill. You learn to read which people are into you, which ones aren't, and learn the language of love, so to speak. You literally get better with practice. I know its hard to believe, as I have been stuck in your mindset before, but you WILL move past this stage in your life and get some good dick.

The key to breaking the ice is to TRY. Actually go out there and make moves on a dude you like, no matter how cringy and awkward it is. You have to get on the bike and fall ofd a few times before you know how to bicycle, so to speak.

God speed.

Out of curiosity, how attractive are you? (Not that it matters. You will date someone of equivalent attractiveness with ease.)
>>
>>18291105
I've hooked up with guys before, but they didn't seem to be into me I think they just settled for me because they wanted to get laid and didn't have other options

> You learn to read which people are into you

How often is that supposed to happen? And what does it look like when a guy is into you?

I'm told that I'm pretty average looking, some people say I'm beautiful, I think I might be marmite so to speak, so people either think I'm really unattractive or really attractive

Over the years I've been different weights and even when I'm thin I don't get a different response from guys
>>
I'm the same age as you and have had 20

The first one was intense, everything was wonderful, we got engaged and it was like heaven. Then she left me and it felt like god pulled all the feathers off my wings and sent me plummeting into hell.

After that it seemed like whenever I'd get into another one that the darkness would be illuminating with the light and warmth of a new girl loving me.

But all of its quite trivial to be honest, humans are so different from each other that rarely do things types of things work out. Your mind will cling to the hope that you're that rare case, but often its not.

I envy your ignorance to heartbreak, but am saddened that you havent gotten past your first yet - because the experience is major hurtle to get over in life.

Our paths are very different though, you should do the opposite of what I did and save yourself for someone whos done the same.
>>
>>18291126
>what does it look like when a guy is into you?
I don't know, I'm a straight guy. I know what a firl lools like if she is in to me, though. Open body language, turning to face me, touching or at least being open to being touched, that kinda thing.

There's plenty of literature on this around the Internet
>>
>>18291142
>I envy your ignorance to heartbreak

HAHAHAHA I haven't avoided heartbreak, it took me years to get over the guys who didn't like me back and rejected me even though I was in love with them.

How did you get into relationships? How did the relationships happen?

How attractive do I have to be in order to get a guy to like me and love me?
>>
>>18291153
Damn, how ugly are you? Seriously.
>>
>>18291153
>>18291174
>How attractive do I have to be in order to get a guy to like me and love me?

You don't need to be attractive at all; there are fat bitchy older women with younger guys fawning over them just because vagina is infinitely more valuable than penis.

What you need is trustworthiness. You were probably expecting guys to trust you with the stability of their future, for no valid reason at all. Vagina is not THAT valuable.
>>
Your name doesnt start with a 'Z' by any chance?

I think you made a thread a few weeks back.
>>
>>18291192
>remembers threads from a few weeks back
>>
>>18291197
Similar story desu, it got hijacked by robots though
>>
>>18291153
I'll summarize lasting ones.

The first was in class in highschool, I used to draw her in math all the time instead of doing my work until one day she passed me a note and we started eating lunch together, she was vegetarian so I surprised her the next day with salads.

The second was actually a friend of a girl I met online, we went partying together and ended up dancing, eventually added each other and talked until we both confessed.

the third was a girl on the sidewalk I walked passed one night and drunkenly said provocative things to, they were surprisingly reciprocated.

the fourth was a girl I had a crush on in college, she was really smart and I was studing IT forensics so I footprinted her facebook using session information on the wifi network and subtly used the information to get to know her better and suggest good places to hang out. Eventually popped the question and later confessed to stalking.

The fourth I met at a rave, she was the prettiest girl there but I never spoke or made eye contact. Had a drink and was listening to music in the back of the crowd and I heard her voice behind me, was surprised she was talkijg to me. She 2000 miles away the following day but kept in touch, I flew after her.

The fifth was okaycupid rebound, major regrets but we were having wine after going to the beach and I hid matching seashells and gave her one. She thought it wass cute i guess.
>>
>>18291225
also a 7/10 girl thats intelligent and reasonable is more or less equivalent to 10/10 looks.
>>
Thread bump
>>
How to know if a guy likes you? Depends if he is introvert or extrovert. If introvert, he will try to initiate conversations with you; and yeah, i know even introverts do that in order to get laid, but the difference is that he will be interested in knowing things about you in a more deep aspect, not only daily routines or superficial tastes to calculate the opportunity to invite you into a date, but other things more, those things that most people would be bored as hell to hear... I guess this is a better answer, actually... If someone is interested into your boring part, they like you a ton.

I will not talk about extroverts, because i do not know much about them. However, i rarely love someone (happened just once) and i am an introverted person, so that is what a can give you. If you do want to know young people love, there is a lot of guys who like "older" girls... basically, do not be "picky" and date boys in their early 20s.

Glad to help.
>>
>>18291023
Goddamnit op, did you have to post that tongue-eating abomination? Uargh

Well, relationships are mostly hard work and take a lot of time, but all in all worth it if you got the right one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.