[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 900._UY400_SS400_.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
900._UY400_SS400_.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
Has anyone else used this book to improve their dating with women? How did it work out for you? What worked and what didn't work so well? Any success or horror stories?
>>
I just lost the game.
>>
>>18290947

Women are very predictable in many ways and unpredictable in others.

You have to be remotely good looking and funny/witty.

Having money helps and if you're good at seduction then you're in like sin.

Seduction is a art-form in itself. You can use it to get a girl or if you already have her, then you can use it to keep her.
>>
>>18290947
I read it as an applied study in anthropology, only later did I find out there was a culture of beta tards trying to alfalfa themselves with cheap BS. Tricks of momentary personality over character. Shallow tricks to cover the fraud of their character.

It's worth a read, but not as something to actually follow. 'Negging', for instance, is pure faggotry.
>>
>>18290947
It's a little outdated, at least the canned lines. Cold approaches don't work as well as they used to with the feminist epidemic. Basically, dress well but in a way that stands out, get out of your comfort zone, be cocky/funny/outgoing and slightly douchey. Be mysterious by never revealing your intentions and watch out for shit tests. It also makes a point of letting go of your fear of rejection. No one cares if you said something weird to the hb10 at the club last night. Moral of the story is fake it till you make it and don't take it so seriously, it's just a game after all. (The actual moral is that getting laid all the time doesn't fix your problems but no one writes a 400 page book about getting laid to end on that note.) It's a fun read though, super easy. I would recommend it in conjunction with 48 Laws of Power and The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene (from which Strauss based a lot of his techniques), How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and Models by Mark Manson.
>>
>>18291000
I can get them, including most of the girls I like, but never keep them, which I suppose is better than none at all.
>>
The way to actually meet women is to have better things to do than meet women.
>>
That book is more a history of the guys that started pick up than actually techniques for it.
Obviously there are some techniques, but that's not the focus.

You should go to rsdnation website for info on techniques.

I have studied pickup for MANY years... Really, since it started. It helped me A LOT. I was shy and really insecure, and it taught me self-confidence and the reallity about social interactions and, well, pick up.
I was really awkward socially speaking, but now I'm not, so yes, I do believe this knowledge can help.
>>
>>18291103
>Cold approaches don't work as well as they used to with the feminist epidemic

Lol, that's not true. Most women I date are feminists, and almost all of them were cold approaches.

Most young feminists today are the sex-positive third-wave liberal sort, rather than the second-hand radical sort. They are the most candid about sex, too. They believe it should be something that is discussed more openly, so they will literally talk about what makes them cum when you take them to a burger joint, I almost feel embarrassed myself.
>>
That book has basically been debunked by most of the modern pickup community. It focuses a lot on Mystery, who was a huge outlier as a PUA who gave a lot of corny/outdated advice

Read Models by Mark Manson, it's a lot more grounded and relatable, and a lot of people say it helped them out with women
>>
>>18290947
There's no secret or script to follow that makes you good with women.
If you don't know how to talk to women, a book won't teach you it, you have to talk to women, figure out what works.
You can't use a confident person's approach if you aren't confident.
You can't use an interesting person's approach if you aren't interesting.

I find myself saying this a lot in threads, because it is true:
90% of life is showing up.

You aren't doing new things or meeting new people if you sit at home browsing 4chan and pof.
If you aren't putting some effort into your appearance (clean, basic styling of your hair and wearing clothes that are smart casual and have been ironed) then women won't acknowledge you.
If you have no life experience, you won't have anything of value to say, women love talking about themselves, but they won't be interested if you have no hobbies or life experience.

Think back to school, girls were not dating "bad boys" because they were bad boys, they dated them because they went out and did things, they were interesting, they went on holidays with their friends and hung out with people, they provided new experiences.

An overweight guy who cycles as a hobby and has done a X to Y cycle ride for charity will have the confidence to approach women, because he has something interesting about him and can talk to women.

PROTIP while I'm here: being edgy and mysterious doesn't work, if you are going to talk about yourself, sum some details up in a sentence so you have more to talk about in the future.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.